• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Google Custom search instead of standard search function

Capt.Marion

Would it be at all possible to implement a Google Custom search (http://www.google.com/sitesearch/) on the website to take the place of the current search function?

EDIT: using a google search with the "site:steelsoldiers.com" argument included works very well for searching the forums, so if we could have a Google search bar built into the site instead of the current search function, I think our current search problems would be resolved.

Just an idea... I'm not entirely sure how difficult or easy that would be to implement.

Last edited:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just post before searching...

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
WOW, I thought that some members just asked a question and let SOMEONE else do the search, you changing the search function will not be fair to them as thay will now need to search there self (a strange pic of them searching there self comes to mind and what surprises thay may find)

1stSarge

That was fast!

Saw you working on it, it was by the name area for a bit.

Be careful, people are going to start expecting instant results all the time! :lol:

Fantastic Job!:beer:

Capt.Marion

Just a heads up--the Google Search bar does not appear on the search drop-down menu when you are on the "Most Recent Threads" page that you go to when you click on the Steel Soldiers banner at the top of the page.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks