• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Gooseneck trailer hitch on M923

sandcobra164

I think I have seen a thread on this before but search is not my friend tonight. I have come across a pretty decent deal on a camper that needs to be pulled home with a truck compatible with a gooseneck adapter in the bed. I would like to equip my cargo truck to be able to pull it while retaining the bed and cargo cover. I think that I saw a thread that detailed a set-up coming off of the rear frame rails that was low enough to tow a camper level but I can't find it. Has anyone done this that can provide some details?

Thanks Kindly,
Joseph

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
https://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?t=54202

You can also do a drop receiver style hitch with a trussed up setup to extend well out past the rear of the truck. As long as it is reinforced it should be fine.

Or buy a scrapped out rear truck frame and turn it into a dolly.
Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Last edited:

sandcobra164

I really like the setup shown in the linked thread. It might require some help from an engineer who is also a fabricator to modify the camper. Luckily I'm friends with a man who is both. Dolly's are nice but I would like to be able to back the combination up and having two pivot points might exceed my driving ability.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
I really like the setup shown in the linked thread. It might require some help from an engineer who is also a fabricator to modify the camper. Luckily I'm friends with a man who is both. Dolly's are nice but I would like to be able to back the combination up and having two pivot points might exceed my driving ability.
I single axle dolly is easy to back up. now a double axle dolly like what I have is a full blown mfr. Cause the one axle tries to push thru the other side on turns. OR if you have trouble backing just add the pintle to the front of the truck and push it into place.

Jericho

IMG_0105.jpgIMG_0103.jpgIMG_0104.jpgCheck out a couple of threads on 931 and fifth wheel RV towing, I routinely haul a 36 foot bumper hanger on my 931, I added a hitch , also use it for a fifthwhell (did take advice from here and added a shock absorbing modification to the fifth wheel, rugged and simple , watch your length to ensure it clears your trailer /fifth wheel

Jericho

I junctioned the lights wiring to the travel trailer with mil spec one to two connectors from Eriks (changed bulbs to 24 volt ) (hope to go to LED when I get time ) and added a 7 pin receptical, then ran my electric brake wire thru a 24/12 30 amp unit to run the charge circuit and electric brake, (got idea here from the guys ) Probably took a couple of hours to peck away at it , easy mod

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks