• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Got a bunch of computer stuff, not sure what it is

T-vog

Hiya, first post.
I just got a pallet full of stuff from an auction in Orlando labeled “military printer supplies”

it has tons of random stuff in it, books, instructions manuals, a printer, three computers

if anyone has any idea what this is, I would love some input. Really cool stuff, I think I might frame the nasa base map thing. Maybe try to play doom on one of the computers.

Attachments

kendelrio

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you're interested in selling the TM 11-5820 please message me. I just picked up a lot of gear (PRC-77 AM2060 etc) for my M37 and if it would help I would appreciate it.

T-vog

If you're interested in selling the TM 11-5820 please message me. I just picked up a lot of gear (PRC-77 AM2060 etc) for my M37 and if it would help I would appreciate it.
Yeah, I saw one on Amazon for under $200 I would beat their price a bit I guess. Interested in volume 2 as well?

T-vog

I’ll take some better photos of the hardware this weekend. I know one of them turns on and was doing a ram-check on boot. I have two of the smaller computers with all cables, cases and instruction books and then the larger older looking one that has a hard drive access door on the front.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've got a set of the TM 11-5820.... Mil Spec Radio Gear books, they are excellent reads on all sorts of military radio gear from about Korean War era to the 90s. Well written and every ham should have a set of those books IMHO.

jeffhuey1n

SMSgt, USAF (Ret.)
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hiya, first post.
I just got a pallet full of stuff from an auction in Orlando labeled “military printer supplies”

it has tons of random stuff in it, books, instructions manuals, a printer, three computers

if anyone has any idea what this is, I would love some input. Really cool stuff, I think I might frame the nasa base map thing. Maybe try to play doom on one of the computers.
I’ve seen one of those old keyboards somewhere. I’m thinking it was several decades ago…. Hmm. Might have been a security forces truck.

papakb

These computers are some 286 based SAIC sets that were in use for general inventory and information back in the '90s. I bought a batch of them from an EOD group up in Moffet Field and still have a couple around somewhere. I do have full manuals for them if you get that far into them.

Redleg130

Likely not the exclusive use, but I remember these used as AFATDS components - Advanced Field Artillery Tactical Data System (AFATDS) (globalsecurity.org)

Been quite awhile though since I have seen green computers, late 90s early 2000s.

Early GWOT there was a flurry of largely incompatible information systems being fielded and this could have been a component for many of those. Intel systems, logistics systems, every warfighting function you can think of. Legacy of these are still around today with bizarre software kludging tools tying these data components together, and not very well.

teletech

It's typical to find that the hard drives want a special caddy and it's often removed and destroyed with the drive when these are released into the wild, so if yours has that, you are far ahead. I sold my computers and caddies, but I might still have a soft-case or two.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks