• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Got my deuce :)

srodocker

HOLA! long post incoming!

wow what a long week...in a good way. OT all week...but it didnt matter since i was so excited to pick up my truck on friday. So the plan was to meet at dans at 7. well i got off at 4 got home at about 445...got to bed at 5...woke up at 6 and got to dans. 1hr of sleep.

got to cecils house and dan helped with batt box and started to crank. after calling her beautiful, sayings shes a good girl, she had some nice curves...she fired off!

dan gave me some quick tips and off we go! well passenger side wiper moter is out, and well, the driving side works yet it is like useing a wet peice of carboard to wipe the window. got to the gas station and parked her. Well lets just say i put on a show how not to pull out of a gas stall. because of my inexperience with the lack of power steering and standard transmisson people just watched as dan smiled and directed me around some vehicles hahahahahahahaha

weather got clear as we left the gas station and was smooth driving all the way up! well there are 2 side stories....

So as im still getting used to figure out the rpms to shift on from a rolling stop and such i shifted into 5th instead of 2nd and bogged it down really bad...seeing as i was in the middle of the intersection and put it in second and droped the clutch. the deuce now looked liked it was apart of fast and the furious movie as the tailend swung around skipping all 8 wheels...what a adventure!

so the second story and the favorite of the 2....while in the little town next to yelm or it was yelm not sure its just pass the reservation lots of street lights and other cars and people. three ladies decided that she wanted to use the law pedestrians have right away or something im not to sure...i think she just had a LACK OF BRAINS...*zombie???* anywho she walked in front of me as she stared at me acting like i had to stop right then. well i did but not after a few mumbled choice words....and maybe a flat spot. :deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse:

will post pics when i get home as im at a buddys watching them play poker since i was out maybe 5th hand :sad:

oh yea im going to be at dans on monday with a buddy to go for a little drive :smile:

Attachments

AceHigh

Beautiful truck. I used to drive a bus and I came to the theory that the bigger a vehicle people loose perspective on its speed. I had to lock the wheels when they would pull out right in front of me!

Enjoy.

Lifer

In Memorial
In Memorial
....because of my inexperience with the lack of power steering and standard transmisson people just watched as dan smiled and directed me around some vehicles....
....as im still getting used to figure out the rpms to shift on from a rolling stop and such i shifted into 5th instead of 2nd and bogged it down really bad...seeing as i was in the middle of the intersection and put it in second and droped the clutch. the deuce now looked liked it was apart of fast and the furious movie as the tailend swung around skipping all 8 wheels...

Wow! I'm sure glad I was nowhere nearby when all this was going on! With as little experience as you appear to have with driving vehicles with manual transmissions and steering, a "drive-away" recovery was perhaps not the best thing you could have done. A deuce is not the best vehicle in which to master those skills...especially not while on a public thoroughfare.

All that is "water under the bridge," now, though. I'm glad you got it home okay. It is a nice looking truck, I must admit. :)

srodocker

That is cool camo where is that truck from?
came from ft lewis it has markings paint over. i'll remove the paint and see what unit as CARNAC had no info on the vin

PS, whats that CIVY in the pic for??? :evil:
its my other truck :) size comparison to a ranger with 33's and 3" lift

Wow! I'm sure glad I was nowhere nearby when all this was going on! With as little experience as you appear to have with driving vehicles with manual transmissions and steering, a "drive-away" recovery was perhaps not the best thing you could have done. A deuce is not the best vehicle in which to master those skills...especially not while on a public thoroughfare.

All that is "water under the bridge," now, though. I'm glad you got it home okay. It is a nice looking truck, I must admit. :)
Well i have experience with driving a standard its just i dont do it often...

gunboy1656

Nice looking truck, Nice older camo job.

And my first stick driving experience, and during a "pioneer day", A buddy and I was "recruited" to drive to the site with a deuce, and haul kids and a couple parents around for the day. The kids were at 8 different stations, we had to pick them up, drop them off and move the group from there to the next station. Round trip 5 miles each trip.

Trouble was my buddy had a license and never drove it, I knew how to drive it but no license. Gotta love learning the manuals. So they brought in my team chief, he got the truck there, and said here it's yours, don't kill us. And everyone made it out without a scratch (well that I hauled anyway)

Capt.Marion

Might I advise driving around the yard and small, local roads before making any road trips? There's a time and a place for making mistakes in the deuce (the yard is the best, from experience), and in traffic is neither of those.

Nice truck, I like the 3 color camo that looks like it should be more like 4 color- that brown is some funky stuff.

srodocker

Mine had the same camo.... Now it is all OD. Congrats and good luck with the mods. You know your going to start upgrading now!
i already had upgrades saved in my favorites for whenever i do get a deuce hahahah

So, now you have a deuce to pull your trailer with? Cool! Enjoy!
Yea finally!

Might I advise driving around the yard and small, local roads before making any road trips? There's a time and a place for making mistakes in the deuce (the yard is the best, from experience), and in traffic is neither of those.

Nice truck, I like the 3 color camo that looks like it should be more like 4 color- that brown is some funky stuff.
Yea, im taking it easy on local roads and going to go get some more drive time in tomorow on back roads :)

yea the camo is weird im debating if i want to go 383, woodland, or keep it...

Congerats dude! Just keep close eye on all your fluids, brake fluid being the most important!
yea im going to keep checking fluids before startup :)

greenjeepster

Nice truck! One cheap quick mod you might consider is putting a ball valve in the line for the passenger wiper. Even if it is not working it is consuming air. (providing it doesn't have electric wipers) I stuck one in mine because I don't need the passenger side to work anyway and I like saving the air for important stuff like braking :) Every air actuated item that you can shut off when not needed is less air the compressor has to compress.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks