• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Got my Got my paid invoice today for my second M1009

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
OK, here yah go. This is the auction I won and I got the paid invoice in less than two weeks.

I've got two weeks to go get it (July 14th).

2320 - Trucks & Truck Tractors, Wheeled at Government Liquidation

On the off chance that link does not work, it was a 1983 M1009 with the lowest miles (13.5k) on the last Ft. Riley auction. I paid $2040 - with other fees/taxes total is $2396.

It shouldn't cost me anything to go get it. The wife will get me gas cards from Amex and get me a hotel room for the night in KS, also courtesy of Amex...

So, other than food, no out of pocket.

And I HOPE to get a medium tow bar that a buddy of mine bought a pallet of and I'm just waiting on him to deliver it to me.

If not, I've got buddies that have the medium towbar. I'll use my other M1009 to go get it.

And yeah, it WILL take me longer to drag it back at about 50 mph (10 hour drive back) than it will driving out empty (probably about 8 hours out). But hey, I'm retired, my time is my own and I don't mind a long drive. Gives me time to think.

The wife wants me to sell my other M1009. I'm thinking on it. We will see. It's an 85 with 66k miles. I like it alot.

davidkroberts

:mrgreen: dont forget the camera. ill be going to go pick up my m1009 out of lawton oklahoma as soon as my EUC clears. My EUC is right at 2 weeks now so here in about 3 months ill be expecting them to clear...... maybe sooner but who knows with the GL/ BC combo of excellence.

ryan77

You out bid me on that one........ :) Im the high bidder on the other one with 45k on it, im waiting for my euc to clear hopefully any day.. Yours looks real nice. Enjoy.. :beer:

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I can't wait. It's going next to my M1028A2 that currently has just short of 17k miles on it. I drove it from the east coast (came out of Ft Drum) to Denver, that bumped the 13.5k miles up to just under 16k. In the past year, I've put just under 1k miles on it.

So this is right in that ball park. I'd LOVE to keep the other M1009 as a run around truck and keep these two basically for show, parades, etc. Besides, this is one of three or four things (guns, motorcycles, PM's) I know that I can sell down the road if necessary. The M1028A2 rides so smooth it surprises most folks who ride in it. I'm hoping for similar results from this M1009.

Yes, camera going along FOR SURE. I've got until July 14th. Which is a good thing, because the wife starts traveling again on July 18th.

So I'll keep you folks informed once things start rolling.

ryan77

how many euc have you had? Im just wondering how there flowing my last one took 60 days, i hope it comes back thursday or friday well see??????

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Uh...

M1031 two years ago - out of Ft Bliss
M1028A2 last year - out of Ft Drum
M101A2 this year - out of Ft Carson

That's about it.

OOPS, NOT TRUE. I also bought two lots of med chests two years ago and I've sold all of them. And this year I got a lot of camo support poles - 36 sets of them. I THINK I got them early this year. Plus three or four years ago I got a 6.2L in the can.

So, not LARGE quantities, but steady with one or two purchases a year.

ryan77

I dont know why they just dont give a approval for a year at a time, it would make things so much easier?????

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks