• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Got my MEP-803 in today!

csheath

Mine had the can adapter and hose but was missing the pickup tube. I threaded a piece of 3/8" aluminum tube 1/4" NPT to fit the adapter thread. I don't foresee ever using it. I keep a pump with nozzle in one barrel to fill my tractors. The MEP runs so long on a tank of fuel I just use my barrel pump to top it up when needed.

I also got the plastic lug wrench and a couple sections of grounding rod. AND a ziplock bag full of water that had the last maintenance records in it. Hard to believe that enough condensation could build up to FILL a bag full of water. I was able to dry the documents out and they were still readable.

Cut a few inches off the lug wrench and it is actually usable.

Jeepadict

Also have the ground rods and ground wire and lug wrench. Don’t think this thing ever saw any use the battery lugs were wrapped up and never had marks anywhere

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Some of those items are self explanatory, but would you mind elaborating what the individual parts are like say left to right?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Zed254

Some of those items are self explanatory, but would you mind elaborating what the individual parts are like say left to right?

Strap wrench for oil and water separator, battery tie downs, Jerry can/drum aux fuel hook up,slave hook ups and slide hammer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

reset2

I voted for T but if B wins guess we will be changing these tool names at some point. Just kidding a lot of crap out there.
Enjoy your new machine. Wonder how long it will be before it hatches another green machine.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Jeepadict

Allows you to parallel 2 sets

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
Forgive my ignorance, but in another post about a fella choosing the right unit Light in the Dark made it very clear that the 802/803 units didn't have the smarts to be able to be paralleled, only the larger units could do that trick.

Guyfang

Staff member
Allows you to parallel 2 sets

No.

The adapters allow one to use an OLD type Slave Cable, (jumper cable) to be used with the NEW type Slave Cable connections, when jumping one set with dead battery's, from another source of 24 volts. Truck, gen set and so one. The Slave Cables were redesigned due to safety problems and the fact that they were simply a crappy design. ALL NATO country's have this new NATO connection/cable. So any NATO country can jump off any other NATO equipment with dead battery's.

Scoobyshep

Thats what i was talking about.

Bad habbit due to work, we are not allowed to jump start equipment, we can parallel start assist though (same damn thing, but to some corporate lawyer it isnt).

My apologies if it seemed deceptive

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks