• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Governmen liquidation markings on fenders of M1008

butch32

What can I use to get the white crayon or whatever the white numbers and markings are, off the fenders of my m1008 that GL wrote on. Without taking the camo paint off? Butch.

Attachments

wsucougarx

Good luck on that. I found that acetone is the best for removing the GLwar paint. Unfortunately some of the paint will come off...not much though. Brake cleaner also works great. I first took a credit card and scraped off the thick stuff then went over it with a rag w/a little acetone

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Clinto, how did you find a thread with the title,GL paint marker remover? Did you search the forums?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I trid th surch feeture but don't get no hits. Wunder wut I do rong. I readed th durectiions and put nd befur nd afur ech wurd.

dependable

If you ever want to paint over that zinc cromeate primer. The oil residue will have to be removed. I am looking at oil stains on a cammo 1028 I have and wonder if I will ever get regular enamel (ie Centari) to stick . I welcome suggestions, I do have to paint because of surface rust, this is a nice one that I have not yet worked.

I usually use a primer sealer and then coat with hardened enamal without too much sanding and surface primers, I'm in truck mode. I would welcome any tips and suggestions. A durable finish that looks good at 20 mpg is my goal, along with preservation of the truck.