• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Grangeville ID Border Days Parade

ldmack3

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks Rusty. My first parade ever and I didn't even know there were awards.
111th year for the Rodeo, billed as the oldest in Idaho.

It's about 35 miles away and gave me a great experience and education driving it for the 3 days.
2,000' in elevation change with rolling hills.
I swear the EGT is combo tach/inclinometer/shift indicator!

7bdiver

Ha, yeah, they should totally lets kids vote! I put my truck in the Sandpoint car show a few months ago. First time I've ever done one. Yes , they're quite the hit with the kids, especially since I let em climb in and all over the thing. With parental supervision of course. I was surprised no one hit the little red start button. Had to be tempting. I pulled a fire alarm when I was a kid once. :razz:

I get a kick out of kids going ape in the back seat whenever I'm behind someone on the road. On a few occasions My wife has made the vocal observation on which kind of crowd my truck is popular with (kids)... However, you can also spot who's from boundary county as well, by who takes pictures, and also that they're wearing full camo in June.

montaillou

Steel Soldiers Supporter
quite the hit with the kids
Some adults too though. I remember a woman asking me if her grandmother could sit in the driver's seat and have her picture taken. The grandmother was visiting from a small village in China and looked dwarfed by the truck, but thought it would look wild to have her picture taken that way.

The one I like the most was this guy in his 30's, he sat in the cab and very somberly said, "this is the best thing here". And it was an impressive car show too.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks