• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

grease in hub

rizzo

a friend of mine drilled and tapped a hole on the side of the hub for grease zerk. He is filling it full of grease to keep water out. He only drives offroad. and trailers it onroad

thoughts?

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
So when he keeps pumping it up with grease, is there a place for the old grease to be expelled? If not then he may end up with a hub full of water contaminated grease.

rizzo

I think he filled them with the drive flange off. the grease is suposed to fill voids so that water cant get in because the grease is there. seems like a good Idea, but how well it will wrok I don't know. we will know soon. just thought I would check and see what others thought.

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hmmm, interesting. I know that on my 923A2, when you grease the rear trunions, you loosen the caps and pump grease until the old starts flowing out. I guess you could do the same on the hub. Just loosen the drive flange bolts and pull the cover out slightly. Then pump grease in until it runs clean.

rizzo

I just read something in a thread about u joints and grease in the boots. Somone said that havine grease inside is better than having water. I was thinking the same thing here.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks