• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Grote Solid State Flasher Install

donquijote

I am planning to install the Grote 44010 flasher unit in replace of the regular one. Has anyone installed this one before. Just want to make sure I wire it up right when it arrives. Attached is the wiring schematic for reference. Thanks.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
A search for 44010 comes up with some results.

Guessing you did not search before posting?

donquijote

Yes I searched and that thread does not show how the 44010 is wired up. Someone else PM'd me the answer to my question.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Please share what you were PM’d, otherwise this thread is not much use to others in the future.

Ajax MD

The search feature on SS is a great thing as almost anything you want to know has been discussed here.

Take a look at this posting:
https://www.steelsoldiers.com/threads/economical-turn-signal-flasher-repair-option.132184/
Beggin' your pardon, but the search feature on the new forum software needs some adjusting. I very frequently have my searches interfered with by the software because it deletes words that it determines are "too short or too common."

For example, when attempting to search for the DIY PVC turn signal canceler, the search omits any results with PVC. Nor does that specific thread pop up when you just search for turn signal cancel. This is just one example. I can provide many others.

I really like the new forum software and I appreciate the great effort that went into the upgrade. My criticism should be taken as constructive and in no way an attack on the admin.

Ajax MD

Well, that's how I found this posting so what can I say?
No worries. I know the SOP around here is to tell everyone to use the search engine to avoid creating hundreds of near-identical threads but people should understand that the search engine isn't flawless and not get cranky when someone asks a common question. (Not saying that you were cranky)

donquijote

The answer is that my drawing on the bottom of the schematic I posted, is the correct wiring.

Just because you search and see results, then fail to read the threads to see if they correspond to the OP's question, don't just start posting "I guess you didnt use the search tool." Maybe you should read your search result threads before posting also.

Next time, I'll make sure to state that I did search and did not find the answer to my specific question.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You asked,
Has anyone installed this one before.
That is the only question you asked. I searched to see if anyone had, and the answer to your question became obvious.

Maybe I should have simply replied, “yes”(to the question). Would you have been less offended by that?

The schematic you posted seems clear enough to relieve any doubts how to wire the flasher.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks