• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GSA lot on hold

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was looking around the GSA site and saw this listed on a lot- " We have recently learned that some Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and Department of Justice owned vehicles may have a Confidential Hold on them. We are working with these agencies to ensure any Confidential Holds are removed prior to sales. During this transition, if you'd like additional information, contact the Sales Contracting Officer listed below."

Funny thing is, the lot is still listed. I guess if you buy it you just have to wait for who knows how long to see if they will let you have it.

I suspect this has something to do with the hold that was mentioned in another thread but I thought it dealt mostly with police firearms.

Flyingvan911

Did the secret service stash some naughty pictures in them? Really though, I bet they have to be checked very well to be sure everything is out of them. Don't want some document stuck behind a seat or something.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would tell what vehicle it is but don't want to get too close to breaking the rules. I will say it is a MV that is commonly found on GL.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That is a "Standard Disclaimer" that GSA is including on MANY auctions..... Seems that Homeboy Security has "borrowed" lots of vehicles from other agencies and they won't release them until all of the DNA evidence of any and all "unethical" ops have been scrubbed from the hardware.

It's a standard - "We touched it so we don't want the public to have it" clause.

They are deathly afraid that they might not have sanitized all their "dirty little secrets" off the vehicles.

:deadhorse:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Fiat

Ferrari

JCKnife

In a quick perusal I've seen a pickup truck and a lawn mower that have that same wording in the auction. So I'm guessing they put it with EVERY vehicle.

ptrjason

I know this is old, but coming from law enforcement. Usually confidential means the vehicle was registered as a law enforcement vehicle or similar, and it may have something in the registration that may prevent it from being transfered to Joe Schmoe.

I have seen it is almost every vehicle auction on GSAs site, regardless of what type of vehicle, so I think, instead of trying to figure out what agency had the vehicle they put it in there anyway, even if it was a fire truck, or an ATV.

Example, if they are selling, say a, ford ranger, they may have used it as an under cover vehicle. And went so far to fake the registration so if some cartel or mob ran the plates because someone is in bed with a clerk at the DMV (it happens, a lot of outlaw motorcycle gangs have old ladies who work at the DMV, and they pay them to get info on cops.) But they run the plates and it comes back to their undercover alias, not a three letter agency with a Washington DC address.

In cases like that, the fake registration maybe hard to get rid of and cause problems unless the three letter agencies remove it.

Just saying... It may not always be a cool back story, but just a problem if you try to register it later on, so they are letting everyone.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks