• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

guess which item almost kept me off the plane

tjcrews

I wanted to put a muffler on my folks deuce but they live in such a remote location I thought it was better to bring it with me. Little did I know, the airline didn't have any problem with me taking the assault rifle but they almost wouldn't let me on the plane with a muffler. They wouldn't tell me why and I kept arguing and finally they said it was illegal to fly with anything that had gas or gas fumes run through it. I asked them what in the heck I would be doing transporting a used muffler and pointed out the inside was clean enough to eat off of. I had to chuckle when I thought of the TSA guy running the x-ray when the box went through with this thing in side of it. Me, my muffler and my AR-15 made it to New Mexico and the new muffler definately made all the difference in the world. You can actually have a conversation in the cab at 55 MPH!

Attachments

builder77

In Memorial
In Memorial
Unless that is a full auto rifle I don't think the "assault" correctly describes that rifle. It just looks mean. Don't use the anti's terms, and help them ban it.

I have not taken a flight for several years on purpose, so I don't am not up on this. I assume this was all checked luggage. Did they page you or something to ask about the muffler?

So where is the muffler from? Does it fit inside of the mirror bracket without modification? People that are going deaf want to know :?:

ONTOS66

Oh yes, I can see it now, shades of "Airplane."
Hmmm, pcp ... okay, pass. Hand grenades, okay have a nice day ma'am.Machette ... go ahead sir, enjoy Miami. 106mm recoilless rifle ... sure you can carry it with you sir. Enjoy your pig hunt. Truck muffler .. whoa big fella, put down the muffler and get down on the ground .. NOW! Search him George, he probably has concealed nail clippers too.
rofl

It do give one a warm glow to feel so protected. :)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks