• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Guntruck Gathering 2013

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
The Vietnam Guntruck Gathering will be held in Indianapolis, Indiana this year 6 thru 11 August. The CAMO Crew with Proud American will be there around 05:00hrs 8/7/13 (Wednesday).

The Headquarters for the Gathering will be the:

Crown Plaza Indianapolis Airport Hotel
2501 South High School Road
Indianapolis, Indiana 46241
Reservations: 317-244-6861

So far the Guntrucks that I know are going to be there are:
Ace of Spades
Black Widow
Psycotic Reaction
Proud American
Untouchable
Wild Thing
There MAY be more but these are the 6 that I have read/heard will be there.

The Gathering is open to the public and there is ALWAYS someone with the trucks to give tours/tell history etc.

I have copied the daily schedule of events here in case any of you may be interested in catching some of them.

On a personal note, two of the crew on Proud American the day she was ambushed/lost will be in attendance and we hope to have her standing tall for them.

Here's the schedule:

http://ql19convoy.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2057

Last edited:

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
WOW. Congratulations. I never knew there was such a thing but an happy to hear you support it.
Very few folks know about the Guntrucks and what they did/went thru trying to protect the cargo truck convoys from ambush etc.

I know for over 20yrs in the Army I sorta "hated" the transportation folks because they would ride past us (Infantry) while we were walking...LOL

After I heard some stories and met some folks my outlook changed and I developed a very strong respect for those who drove day and night to get supplies thru where they were needed.::oops:

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is this the one we spoke about last year PB? Thanks for the "heads up" on the event! Really hopin I can make it!

God bless,
Tony

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
If you are a VN vet, you really need to go to at least ONE GATHERING, I had the honor of being part of the CAMO crew that went to the Ky. gathering 2 years ago, it something that I will always remember, along with a few VERY emotional moments.

Thank YOU PB

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
If you are a VN vet, you really need to go to at least ONE GATHERING, I had the honor of being part of the CAMO crew that went to the Ky. gathering 2 years ago, it something that I will always remember, along with a few VERY emotional moments. Thank YOU PB
No Ron...thank you Sir for your service! (But NOT for getting Troy lost coming back)!!:beer:

BTW folks, you don't need to be a Guntrucker, a Vietnam Veteran, or a Veteran at all to come join in. You just need to be a good American!:-D

Everything else will fall into place and you will be welcomed with open arms and learn about some really special people!

Take a few minutes and read this and I bet you want to come whether you can or not:

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?31357-Lam-Son-719-Living-amp-Transporting&highlight=

Attachments

sandcobra164

I'm in. Does "Proud American" need a driver? The first day is on my birthday but I'd love to drive that truck again. I can ride in the tractor if you're hauling it but me and Tony get along pretty good!!!! He makes some very fine SOS over bisquits.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
I'm in. Does "Proud American" need a driver? The first day is on my birthday but I'd love to drive that truck again. I can ride in the tractor if you're hauling it but me and Tony get along pretty good!!!! He makes some very fine SOS over bisquits.
Joe, you are certainly welcome since you are a "certified" Guntruck driver(except when ya hit a white fence:oops:).

We are leaving the compound around 15-16:00hrs Tuesday 6 August and returning 11 August.

I'm sure there will be enough driving for you and Tony both!:beer:

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
If I get all the fence up I may try to make it up there. By the way.....were there any 5-ton gun trucks in Desert Storm One, OIF or Afghanistan? I know they up-armored a lot of 900 series trucks before the MRAP's were fielded.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Final Itinerary

Wednesday, August 7, 2013

9:00am Indiana State House Tour-Gun Trucks at west entrance
10:30am Soldiers and Sailors Monument w/ Ryan Krenzke
11:00am. Gun Trucks at Indiana War Memorial Plaza
3:00pm. Indianapolis Motor Speedway Museum
5:00pm. Return to Motel

Thursday, August 8, 2013

10:00am. Indiana State Fair-Gun Trucks on Display
5:30pm. Move to parade staging area.
6:30pm. Gun trucks to lead Veterans Day Parade on the grounds
7:30pm. Gun Trucks released. Option to move to Northeast corner of the grounds
and continue to enjoy the fair or return to motel.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Weekly bump/reminder for those interested.

CAMO will roll out "The Compound" NLT 13:00hrs Tuesday 6 August enroute to the Gathering.

We need to be there and prepped for roll out to the State Capitol NLT 08:00hrs Wednesday.

I'll post some pics when Proud American is in transport mode.:beer:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks