• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GVWR to list on SF-97

Avn-Tech

Group,

I have an M35A2C and M109A3 that I am trying to get SF-97's for. I need a GVWR for both trucks to list on the SF-97's.

Also, How do I determine the year for each?
I have looked at the stock numbers, and they list them as being built over a 10 year period.

Thanks
Avn-Tech

LanceRobson

If the acceptance or delivery date is not on the data plate, the closest you'll may get is to look at the DLA contract number. The 7th and 8th characters are the date of the contract. Of course, contracts run over into new years and some contracts take years to fill but it's as close as you're likely to get.

In the FWIW catergory, the build date, if present, and the date imbeded in some serial number sequences reflects when the frame was designated for a particular model of truck, not the actual completion date. Some "low density" model frames were fabricated in batches and then used over a multi-year period.

Some trucks have a "delivery date", most don't. During some periods the year in which the frame was designated is part of the serial number.

Both the truck and trailer should have data plates with the weights. If not, the generic weight for an M35A2 is about 13K, empty. Add 5K or 10K. The generic empty weight of an M105 trailer is 2,700 pounds. Add 3K or 6K.

The amount of weight you add depends on whether you'll be loading them with the "new" lowered rating for both highway and off-road use or the "old" 5 ton and 3 ton "highway" rating.

What are the frame or data plate numbers for the truck?

I typed this ina hurry so I hope I got it right...

Lance

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Another consideration on the Gross vehicle Weight Rating is what your local Motor Vehicle Registration Laws say. In SC, some clerks take the GVWR as the weight for a deuce, others the empty weight. The difference in the annual tag cost is about $100 ('Antique or Classic' tags cut out at 9,000 pounds here). $109.50 vs $205 for my two M35A2's (paperwork taken to different offices), with the same empty weight (13030) and GVWR (18030, not 23030).

rat4spd

I put 25000 on it. When I licensed it I got tags for 11 ton plus 5%. I want to be legal to carry 10,000#'s, and I've already had 11,000# in it..

Green_gator

In Florida I am able to select a GVWR less then the total available for my deuce and it will make a difference in the annual registration fee. I do this so that I have no restrictions on my usage of the M35. The table shows the empty weight and the max highway load. Those two combined are the maximum GVWR for each vehicle. Make sure you subtract from the empty weight if you do not have a winch.

Attachments

LanceRobson

The thought hits me that CA has some rules that are different from many other states. Maybe you want to re-title this thread or start a new one specifically asking the same question in reference to CA.

Lance

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks