• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Happy 110th Mr. Buckles

armytruck63

Mr. Frank Buckles, the last surviving US veteran of World War One turns 110 today. Here are two articles about it:

A gift for the last doughboy's 110th birthday - CNN.com

Frank Buckles, Last American WWI Survivor, Celebrates 110th B-day | HyperVocal

Edit: Incredible as it may seem, after his WWI service, Mr. Buckles was a POW for three years during WWII.

Now if I lived in West Virginia near his house, I would make a point of driving by his house and beeping my horn as I went past.

Long live Frank Buckles!

Last edited:

bigzirb

Mr. Frank Buckles

Happy Birthday and a hearty Thank You for your service. You show us all how good this country can be and I hope we can steer her back to where she was when you put your life on the line defending her.

The article says he just quit driving his tractor a little while ago. Anyone close to him that could offer to take him on a Classic OD green MV ride?

Thank You Sir.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
The article says he just quit driving his tractor a little while ago. Anyone close to him that could offer to take him on a Classic OD green MV ride?
That would be a good thing.......I bet the old gent would love a convoy of MV's to arrive at his farm with flags flying.

I hope when the time comes he receives full military honors......he truly deserves them.

AndyC

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My Mother visited with him a few years ago. She is with the DAR. Gave him a WW1 vetrans medal. He lives 20 min from me! HAPPY BIRTHDAY Frank :beer:

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks