• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Happy Birhtday!

FrankUSMC

You score an F on your history test......sorry.
The Jeep was invented at the Bamtam car company in Butler, Pennsylvania (your state), not by the Willys car company.
One of the few, Frank USMC RET
PS, sorry for the short answer, but it has been a long day and I am heading for bed. I could talk to you for hours on this subject.

bulldog_mack13

3/3 ACR
Are you going to throw it a Bday party? I might get my wife to make a cake for the M37 when it turns 58 in Jan or for the other trucks here. :-D , Jay

Good job on the grading curve Frank

SETOYOTA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
having owned one of each of the prototypes i would say the Ford GP was the best. A little underpowered but all in all the better vehicle IMHO.

Did you know the famous jeep grille was/is a ford design?

FrankUSMC

Yes, the grill is a ford design, and was copied twice. The first time was on the first MBs, when they moved the headlights from the finders to the grill area (Like the Ford GP), the second time was when Willys copied the Ford stamped grill.
Do I get an "A"?

SETOYOTA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
no MB had fender mounted head lights. That was the MA. The first MBs have the welded bar grille or Slat grille which was very labor intensive. When ford began producing the Willy's design they produced the stamped grille. G government P 80 inch wheel base W willy's design. GPW.

FrankUSMC

You are correct, that was a typo by me on saying MB, instead of MA. The MA did have the fender mounted lights. I should not do any typing till at least 10 days after the Marine birthday to give the drinks time to wear off.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks