• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hard start m35

Adam Brice

Hi guys.
So I just changed my fuel filters on the multifuel, and now I'm having issues starting. It wont start unless I bleed it out on top of the fuel block every time. Used to start right off on first crank. I'm guessing one of the o rings on secondary or final filter isn't sealing correctly now, and introducing air?

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
While anything is possible one would think anything after the booster pump would leak fuel being under 60 psi of pressure. I would look at primary fuel filter then even rubber fuel hose on in tank.

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
Couldn’t hurt to verify that the fuel pump is working.
Just put a small gauge in that gauge hole, 1/8" NPT and you will always know if the pump is out puting pressure thru the in-tank hose to the system. That is a test gauge fitting hole in the output block as per the TM. A Deuce will start and run good with a tight system until you break it open to change the filters. Not good for the booster pump but it'll do it.
See photo, little gauge bottom right.my filter invention IMG_4242.JPG

Adam Brice

Just put a small gauge in that gauge hole, 1/8" NPT and you will always know if the pump is out puting pressure thru the in-tank hose to the system. That is a test gauge fitting hole in the output block as per the TM. A Deuce will start and run good with a tight system until you break it open to change the filters. Not good for the booster pump but it'll do it.
See photo, little gauge bottom right.View attachment 847760
Yep. I know my pump is working, cause when I crack open the bleeder on top of the filter mount, fuel comes out pretty good when switch is activated. I will look into getting a fuel rated gauge though, as it would be nice to know available pressure.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks