• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Has anyone converted a M1061 to dropside

quickfarms

Has anyone converted a M1061 to dropside

I was thinking about this last night.

The bed is 14 feet long and 8 feet wide.

How long and wide is the 5 ton bed?

The duece bed is only 12 feet long so the sides would be a little short.

Jakelc15

My 1061 currently has a deuce bed sitting on it. It looks like the dimensions would work well. But what would the use of this be for? I was thinking stake sides would be useful.

Jakelc15

Be careful with those rubber wheel chocks on the back of the 1061's. I keep mine wound up just like the photo above but now with a bungee too. I was headed down the highway and they decided to work loose after 20 miles or so. Those chains are just long enough to allow the chocks to bounce side to side across the lanes on each side of me. They're hard to see way back there and I didn't notice til I had traffic backed up.

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The 14' 5-ton bed drop sides are still only approx 12', there is a 2' fixed section at the front. The 5-ton and deuce dropside trucks use the same drop panel.

Cheers.

Edit- Disregard, I was thinking of using just the panels, not using the whole bed! :roll:

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks