• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Has anyone tried to fit this pump in?

deuceaid

Banned
I was wondering if anyone has put this in the fuel tank, it is claimed it will fit, but how about fitting the electrical connector into an A2 setup? I would rather have the in tank pump, but the $300 for a new motor from OEM is steep for me right now.

Attachments

Darwin T

got 5 at the house. looking for the wire and a new mount. the ones in my three deuces are working so these are spares. i have a new tank sitting in my livingroom (aka the parts house) that i want to install one in. if i can find the parts i will take some pictures.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I bought a bunch of these. I will be putting up a thread about them when I get some time. Mine all came with the plug on the pump, just need to figure out how to extend it, or re-use the Olympic's power wire. My only concern is these use a different impeller than the Olympic brand. They use the disk type with "swirls"from the center to the outside of the ring. These pumps are made by Parker and are made for the Bradley Fighting Machine. They cost $1000 new.

deuceaid

Banned
actually I only use sleazzbay--- I prefer shady people dealling out of the back of their car,,,,,,,,,,,psst hey man chew need a stereo? My cousin can find- uh get chew a hemtt real cheap man.

dont take them all, leave me one, I need to test it and make sure its ok and steel soldier safe

Last edited:

deuceaid

Banned
and just for those who dont know how to capture a picture,,,, it is easy to take a picture of whatever is on your computer screen.... when you have the picture you want,,,, then hit the Fn (function button) and the prt sc ( print screen button) at the SAME TIME

..... then open windows paint, click on the work area, then got to "edit" and hit paste...........then got to "save as" and save it with whatever name you choose,,,and pic a format....I use jpg since it is common. then you will understand what Gimpy was talking about:idea::D

deuceaid

Banned
ok, so I jumped in the pool,,, after testing the waters.... I saw that the top of my pump (connector) turns with some gentle help from some vise grips.....(all this time I thought it was a soldered connection) ...... BUT, it probably doesnt have the same detent-indexing pin setup as the original...after looking at the indents on the outer collar of the original pump....

more to come![thumbzup]:popcorn:

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Some are soldered in, some are twist lock(as the pump in question), and some are held in by pressure. I worked on one truck that had issues, turned out, we took a hammer and punch to it, no more issues. Simply dimpling the sides in did the trick.

deuceaid

Banned
UPDATE ......I got the pump in the mail this afternoon, and after taking my swissarmy knife to the old pump, I hack sawed a slot in the original outer connector then peeled it open like a canned ham. The braided pigtail pulled off with some force. After pulling off the twistlock pigtail that came with the new pump, i then slid the old pigtail on the new pump. I just have to dent the collar a little and it will be fine.

Also I hooked it to 24 volts and it runs just like (well unlike) the old one-which no longer runs. Here are some pictures ( sorry , my cheap camera doesnt do close-ups real well). I will mount the pump in a few days and try it out.

Attachments

Rhodanish

I put mine in on Sunday. I just spliced and used heat shrink over the connection to the new connector. That came with the pump Works good. First time I had a working pump since I bought the truck. Starts much quicker now specially after sitting a week.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks