• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Haspin fall get together 2015

212sparky

We are looking at the weekend of September 26th and the 27th for the fall get together. Start prepping the trucks and notify your bosses. See you all there.

Durango_USMC

I thought it was usually the 3rd weekend? Well, I guess I might be able to do the 27th. I had a great time at the past 2 I went to. Looks like Im missing both this year. Take lots of pics for those of us who cant make it and be safe.

DJones

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I went to Haspin today and they have groomed a few trails and cut in a new trail by our loop trail at the back of the fire trail. They have put in new large stair steps (about 3 to 4 ft. steps)in the loop where we would always stop to BS before climbing the hill that leads back up to the fire trail.

212sparky

I went to Haspin today and they have groomed a few trails and cut in a new trail by our loop trail at the back of the fire trail. They have put in new large stair steps (about 3 to 4 ft. steps)in the loop where we would always stop to BS before climbing the hill that leads back up to the fire trail.
So will we be able to navigate the fire trail? Did they cut the stairs where the trail splits or a different area. Thanks for the report. BTW did you mention to them that we are looking at the 26,27 to come out there.

DJones

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So will we be able to navigate the fire trail? Did they cut the stairs where the trail splits or a different area. Thanks for the report. BTW did you mention to them that we are looking at the 26,27 to come out there.
At the end of the main fire trail where it splits and we drive straight ahead to start the loop there were two paths to the left that went down and were steep with usually very large erosion ruts in them. That's were they bladed it about half way down and then cut a new path all the way down to the bottom of the new steps. They also cut in what I think was used for hill climb or something between that new path and our exit point of the loop but it's more extreme than we wanted to tackle.

212sparky

I am new to this kind of rally. I have an M1009 and looking for groups in Indiana. Is there a link or links for this rally?
This is the thread for the get together. What would you like to know about the get together. It is not an official rally but is still a good time.

DJones

Steel Soldiers Supporter
How many people go to this? Where does everyone stay? What all goes on? Not sure what to ask, but interested in everything that goes on.
Maybe 8 to 12 trucks for this one.
Everyone pitches a tent or I sleep in my M105a2 trailer or if you have a camping trailer. (No hook ups primitive only)
Lots of trail riding and BS around the fire and some parts swapping or selling.
We have a really good time and everyone gets along great.
You can pretty much run anything you can think of but must wear a helmet for Motorcycle and quads.
I hope you can make it in Sept.

212sparky

How many people go to this? Where does everyone stay? What all goes on? Not sure what to ask, but interested in everything that goes on.
Like Djones said, trail riding, looking at each others trucks, recoveries and hanging by the camp fire. I usually have a gen set on site to power camp and the shelter. My group of friends just pitch tents and we have the shelter to get out of the sun. I will post a link to the multi media thread from june.

DaveDawson

There is always room in a deuce or 5 ton if you don't want to drive your truck in the woods.
I have purchased a 4" BDS lift with the rear springs. No blocks. Looking at tire and wheel options. Found a gentleman from Trail Worthy Fab that will recenter, paint and put on the HMMWV radial tires for about what it would cost me to buy all after market......and they will fit with a slight trim at the base of the fenders. I don't want to completely thrash it, but I am not afraid to get her dirty! Have been to Badlands and it did pretty well for a stock truck.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks