• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Haspin Pic's

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Fred & Elohim1 I have a question/request for the future. I attend some sand races in SW OH every year. Probably won't make it this year and if I do it will be via airplane. In 2003 I took 2 deuces up there from FL. I'm planning on doing that again maybe in 2006. It's the 3rd week in August and I would love to scare up a few more trucks for the parade on Thursday Eve. The races are pretty cool too and we set up a neat campsite. The whole week is pretty neat and might just interest you guys. Heck, y'all might even have been there. Anyway, if interested, let me know.
Kenny

Elohim1

Recovry4x4 said:
Fred & Elohim1 I have a question/request for the future. I attend some sand races in SW OH every year. Probably won't make it this year and if I do it will be via airplane. In 2003 I took 2 deuces up there from FL. I'm planning on doing that again maybe in 2006. It's the 3rd week in August and I would love to scare up a few more trucks for the parade on Thursday Eve. The races are pretty cool too and we set up a neat campsite. The whole week is pretty neat and might just interest you guys. Heck, y'all might even have been there. Anyway, if interested, let me know.
Kenny

Kenny,

Gravelrama in Cleves is probably 40 minutes from my house and an hour from Freds. I can guarantee you will be there. If you fly up this year, you could ride with us, just tell us when and where. If you need a place to stay , we can arrange that too. I have never been there , but always wanted to go. I dont think Fred has been there either.

Chris

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey Chris, thanks! I've got a bunch of friends at that event. I've left my GP Medium tent in OH just for that event. We usually camp there for the week. When I took my trucks up in '03 we had a blast. I sure would like to get a few more MVs in the pic. I'm sure you guys would enjoy the show and the camping too. If I do fly up this year I'll let you guys know for sure. I'm hoping to take the semi and the pipeline up in '06 so if I could con you guys into coming by, we could have a decent showing.
Kenny

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What kind of trails at the "Gravelrama"? Sand races?
Would this be another Haspin event?
It's probably no biggie for the guys living next door to attend both, but for others it would have to be one or the other I would think.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
No trails at Gravelrama Bjorn, its just sand racing. They have some other trail ride events but nothing to accomodate our trucks. This would in no way replace haspin, it's just an event that I've attended for the last 27 years. I figured getting a couple of locals with MV interest, (Fred & Chris) would be fun if I ever take the trucks again. I'm seriously thinking about that too. My turkey fryer might get renamed the biodiesel cooker.

Junkyard Wars Crusher

12B20
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Love those pictures of the deuces climbing the firewood.

I am literally less than 15 minutes from the gravelrama site. I finally made it there to watch for the first time last year- but I went on the last day, and things were kinda' winding down by then. Still had alot of fun. Insanely Big Horsepower and Paddle Tires everywhere!

If you are sincere about recruiting for the parade, (and don't mind looking at a rusty 5-ton gasser), I'd love to join your [green]MV section[/green] of the parade. I haven't met Todd Haley (another member on this board), but I know he is local also. Hey Todd, wanna' bring your WWII jeep?

For those interested in learning more about the event, here is a link to the Gravelrama Website:
www.gravelrama.com

Might have to rename this Post: "Started out as Haspin Pics, slowly diverged to gravelrama talk.[^]

Jeff

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
JYC, you darned right I'm sincere. Rusty 5 tons are just cool. Maybe we can talk Todd into bringing his mule. That would be a blast. I was there last year. We set up my GP Medium tent and and just hang out all week. If I make it this year I'll be flying in but the GP is already there. I'm seriously planning on bringing al least one deuce in '06. If I have the pipeline truck done, I'll bring it too. If I can scare up someone with no sense like myself, I would love to have someone drive the second truck so that I can take my semi trailer too.
Bjorn, I have been at it for a while. That little deuce tractor has been all over the east coast and more than once. I truely am a glutton for punishment. I just like traveling in a deuce.

Junkyard Wars Crusher

12B20
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Recovry4x4,

Looks like Todd has sold the mule.

Todd Haley Forum Moderator said:
Posted 6/7/2005 6:28 PM (GMT -5)

Hi Jeff,
This is the only good pic of my Mule, I'll take more this weekend because I've sold it and will be delivering it this weekend. I hate to see it go but I know it will have a good home for a long time [cry]

Now I will have the cash to hopefully finish the GPW!
Todd
GPW-43510
M274A4 Mule
MVPA #24287
http://www.geocities.com/todd1942gpw
Independence, Ky
" If the enemy's in range,,,so are you!"

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Junkyard Wars Crusher said:
Recovry4x4,

Looks like Todd has sold the mule.
Oh man! I was really looking forward to tooling around in that puppy at Haspin. Major Bummer.

Now we need to find another trail scout vehicle. Anybody got a dirtbike or quad they want to bring? I was hoping to have enough cash to buy a 4-stroke dirt bike, but as it looks now I'll be tickled just to have the Mog in running order.

Deuce-bigalo

I am down when we get to TN! I would love to tow the blazer and have some fun. Bring the Deuce too (when I find my misplaced MV!! LOL)

John

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks