• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Have a good source for rubber air brake lines for FMTV's?

Reworked LMTV

Hi Guys,
I am looking at all of the 1/2" air lines on my truck. Looks like they need replacing. Anyone have a source for reasonably priced lines? Thought about buying a crimper, do a few, then re-sell on Ebay : )

B-Dog

I order all my custom hoses from hosesandfittings.com. Easy to use website & good customer service.

Another alternative is discounthydraulichose.com which has more options.

Are you looking at the nylon tubes or the rubber hoses that go from the frame to the hubs? IIRC the fittings on the end of the RUBBER hoses are 45° SAE which is not as common as 37° JIC. The bulkheads on the frame rails and the brake chambers are all NPT. I would consider changing all the brass fittings to NPT-JIC fittings then order your hoses with JIC ends. Certainly not required but might be a blessing if you need a hose on the road, especially outside the US.

Reworked LMTV

I order all my custom hoses from hosesandfittings.com. Easy to use website & good customer service.

Another alternative is discounthydraulichose.com which has more options.

Are you looking at the nylon tubes or the rubber hoses that go from the frame to the hubs? IIRC the fittings on the end of the RUBBER hoses are 45° SAE which is not as common as 37° JIC. The bulkheads on the frame rails and the brake chambers are all NPT. I would consider changing all the brass fittings to NPT-JIC fittings then order your hoses with JIC ends. Certainly not required but might be a blessing if you need a hose on the road, especially outside the US.
I am looking for the rubber 1/2 " hoses. I have used discount hydraulic hose in the past. I looked at their site, not much in the rubber brake hose dept.
I am going to try the other website that you suggested. Thanks!

Reworked LMTV

I would appear that there are at least 3 types of DOT approved air brake lines. Am I correct?

1. Rubber 100R5 reinforced wire hoses which can be crimped or used with field reusable fittings
2. Rubber textile reinforced that use brass compression fittings, such as textile reinforced Dayco:
3. Nylon

We know nylon should not be used on moving components. What about brass compression fittings (not crimped) ? Can they be used safely with moving components? Crimped 100R5 is obviously the best in a moving component applications. I wonder too about reusable fittings being safe for moving components.

Reworked LMTV

Yes. Make sure you are using the correct fittings, they should have a DOT stamped on them.
Hi Guys,
I am looking at all of the 1/2" air lines on my truck. Looks like they need replacing. Anyone have a source for reasonably priced lines? Thought about buying a crimper, do a few, then re-sell on Ebay : )
So, can the brass COMPRESSION fittings be used on moving parts?

We will be releasing out brake line kit within the next 2 weeks. It will be all Parker no Chinese junk, full conversion to jic from the hard to find SAE and is a bolt on replacement. We use Parker 201 dot approved steal reinforced covered line. Huge upgrade from the junk that’s on there now. We will also be making all the other lines for the whole truck, brakes were out first priority as that is what we needed for our own truck builds. We also make all our hoses in house so not a resell situation. The 1078A0 will be first out followed by the 1078A1 then 1083A1. We don’t have a 1083A0 sitting at the shop so might be a bit on them to come out. Honestly trying to get it done this week but waiting for some adapters from Parker. We also way over ordered so we will have plenty in stock

We finally got most of the lines done and in stock. Full rears for 4x4 start shipping out starting on the July 10th but all the rest are good to go. Our website is a little vacant at the moment as we building the new site. Things are being added everyday, lots of juggling lol. We have fuel line kits up but we will be releasing complete lift pump kits probably around the first of Aug. We partnered with FASS Fuel Systems and are developing a bolt on kit for the 3116 and the 3126. So if you are interested in the lift pump kit let us know and we can add you to a wait list. The lines that we have now are factory replacement and will not fit the new kit. we are also doing 10% off till the 5th of july and always free shipping on anything over $250.00. www.adaptiveoe.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks