• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HeadLights

SGT. Renshaw

New to the page, looking for some advice. I'm having issues with my M35A2. I have gone through several threads regarding headlights but just wanted to see if this issue has occurred for anyone else. My high beams work but no low beams. I checked volts inside the bucket at the plugs and the low beam has 16v and the high have 24. Grounds have been checked, could it be the switch or the dimmer switch? Thank you in advance for any help.

Last edited:

VPed

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would check the dimmer switch. Power goes from the headlight switch to the dimmer as common to both high and low. The dimmer switch then either directs to power to the high or low circuit to the front of the truck. It could be a bad contact within the switch meaning you need a replacement. Have you tried rapidly switching the dimmer numerous times? You can do this with headlights off. Sometimes, this will clear corrosion off of contacts.

But it could also be that the switch is not properly connected. It does not matter if the high and low wires are swapped at the switch, but it won’t work if the common wire is not connected to the common terminal on the switch. That condition will result in only one of the two beams working.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks