• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Helm joint steering.any ;help

rexman

Hi all,would like to put helm joints on my mule,tie rod ends are shot,could find replacment parts,but offroad vehicles are now running with helm joints,wanted to know if anyone has done this to there mule,or any idea's what part to get to make up steering system using helm's.thanks rexman

poof

Dirty Hippie
Well.. looks like a good alternative.. if parts get scarce Price seems very good..
My A5 sure is in need of a steering overhaul.....
Thanks for the link...Nick what would run into COST factor if these were used?
J.P.

rexman

need stud size

going to take a tie rod apart and send to speedway to see if they have a stud that will fit our mules,,thats i important part the helm and some bar stock cut to size and left and right treaded,and will have a set up for less than $1,000.oo that is wanted ,maybe in posting this will find the company that is mKING THIS SETUP for (mechanical mules)and be abale to have a better than stock setup for less than the grand price tag,Lets work on it to help the mmuullee m274 family.if ya look on his web site ya can see the helm ,and stud that needs to be made for all to injoy.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks