• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Helo From Down Under

Shackey985

Ga,day from down under in Australia. I am an x soldier with 21 years full time experience within Armoured Corp in Australia.
I know work part time at the RAAC tank museum at Puckapunyal, where I am restoring a Vickers Mark 2

This has been a 3 year part time progect that is nearly completed.
My other interests are the M816 Wrecker and a Yeramba.

Paul Down under

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome Paul.
Nice Vickers. And after saying "A what...???" I did a Google search and now know that a Yeramba is a "25 pounder field howitzer mounted in an M3A5 tank hull". Very nice, we'd like to see pictures as your work progresses.
Cheers.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome! There's a guy here now from NZ doing some work at a museum close to me. Nice guy!Talks a bit funny though :lol:

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Always good to have the Aussies here!!

While at the multi-national logistics course many moons ago we were briefed by an Australian officer. One of his first statements was something to the effect of Since the Boxer Rebellion Australia has been alongside the United States in every conflict and it is highly unlikely this will ever change.

Concerning the Vickers. Aberdeen Proving Ground in Maryland has one but not sure of the specific mark type. I'll dig through my photos and try to post them.

Thanks for coming on the board.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks