• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Help Identify a trailer found in a field

Mike929

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My brother found this trailer in a field. Mother nature is doing her best to reclaim it but it actually still looks solid from the pictures.

Can anyone identify this trailer. Any historic value worth fighting the trees to get it back?

Attachments

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
It was like a mini bolster trailer, used to carry poles, pontons, radio towers and storm boats. Some were made by John Deere.

I have one of these "rare" trailers. Mine has 11.00-20s. I got it as a package deal, with my S250 shelter. It is a utility trailer similar to the M796 bolster trailer. the tongue is extendible and it has the reels for the connections. I don't know what i'll use it for, maybe a chassis for a display gun.
If anyone has more info or an M number, please post it.

Attachments

Danger Ranger

thats awesome, are there any more tags on it? I want one! too bad I got nothing to pull it...

Chain saws and sawzalls will get that trailer out...., or burn it out....both have been done.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I wood save that one....looks oaky dokey to me.

It may be a beech to get out but that trailer might become poplar.

Must have been alder way back in the woods.

Don't use a torch...you might make an ash out of yourself.

It's pining away for a new home. You can name it "Old Hickory".

OK...I'm done. Cedar later.

Last edited:

Mike929

Steel Soldiers Supporter
thats awesome, are there any more tags on it? I want one! too bad I got nothing to pull it...

Chain saws and sawzalls will get that trailer out...., or burn it out....both have been done.
LOL, I think if I even mention I was going to burn it out, I would be shot. (Texas has been burning all year and the area lost equals the size of Connecticut from my understanding. ) Beyond keeping the fire under control, I would also be worried about damaging the trailer.

Not sure what the land owner wants for the trailer, just wanted to get some input on what it was.

Vintage iron

Just hooking a 5 ton up to it and pulling it out or burning it out would be the fun way to remove the trailer, But we don't want to damage the trailer. It looks like a Bolster trailer. I think some members have re-purposes them in some pretty cool ways.

Free would be a good price. Just tell the land owner that you will cut the trees up into fire wood for him and bring it up to the house. Everyone WINS!

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Free would be a good price. Just tell the land owner that you will cut the trees up into fire wood for him and bring it up to the house. Everyone WINS!
I like this idea. Even if you have to pay a little for it, $150 is my absolute tops for doing all that work in addition, it's a good tough trailer, be a shame to let the woods keep it...

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Its the cousin of the M310 cable trailer. Both found behind the V17A/MTQ at Lane indicatied.

Danger Ranger

LOL, I think if I even mention I was going to burn it out, I would be shot. (Texas has been burning all year and the area lost equals the size of Connecticut from my understanding. ) Beyond keeping the fire under control, I would also be worried about damaging the trailer.

Not sure what the land owner wants for the trailer, just wanted to get some input on what it was.
Good point, I didn't even catch the Tx location, maybe you shouldn't burn it out....

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Also, there was a similar trailer on GovDeals, not sure if it's still there. Same look and weight rating, here's the info and pics:

"1965 Loadcraft military 2 1/2 ton utility pole trailer, NSN 2330-00-697-8102. 5000 lbs. payload, 7580 GVWR. 185"Lx96"Wx46"h"

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks