• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Help identify this bolt from engine compartment M923A2

Was doing a little prevent maintenance in preparation for next months turkey hunt / M923A2 road trip & camping adventure. While I was crawling around the front differential I noticed this bolt wedged near the leaf springs on top of the axle.. directly under air compressor / fuel control area.

The big green machine is running like a top. I've done no maintenance or repairs that would of require a bolt of this size to be removed. Got 1,500 miles driving this machine. Looked and looked and could find nothing missing, and no bolt that had a head that looked like this.

Any ideas?

IMG_20150308_164044321.jpg

IMG_20150308_164143261.jpg

M923A2APJONES1.jpg
Big Green from today

Last edited:

dmetalmiki

Interesting. That looks like a copmpressor pipe flange bolt. Is that a safety blow off in the top? So an army mechanic dropped it..and just quit looking?. just my penn'eth.

dawico

Yup, fuel return bolt. It you were missing it you would have a mess of fuel.

The fuel return line runs down by the front of the compressor and back to the tank. You should be looking right at the head of the bolt at about eye level, drivers side up by the fan area on the injection pump.

I believe you have a spare now.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks