• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HELP in Knoxville TN

ender891

Fellows,

I had to drive my deuce to work this morning to clear the driveway for my wife's yard sale...anyway:

Lost all of my brake fluid right before I got to work. Luckily its in the parking lot.

There is a T-fitting/hose that ruptured right above the front differential. Does anyone know if it is available locally, or will it have to be ordered? It could be either one there is so much fluid leaking it is hard to tell. I was planning to replace front the t-fitting out to the wheels.

Appreciate any advice.

MichaeL

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
You can get one made locally, I WOULD REPLACE ALL FIVE rubber hoses, fix the truck (bleeding ect,,) get it home, then NOT drive it till ALL the other hoses are replaced, OR replace all of them where it sits, either way, if one is rotted, a very good chance others are.

This EVENT is a GOOD REMINDER to every deuce and 5t owner that has the FIVE RUBBER HOSES to replace them if they have not been replaced already, just because you do not any cracks on the outer covering does not mean that it is not rotted on the inside, some of these hoses are ORIGINAL install,
SO IF YOU DO NOT KNOW THE HISTORY OF THE FIVE HOSES, CHANGE THEM

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hose will have to be replaced. Closest might be Memphis Equipment as they are not something NAPA, etc. normally carry. And since you have a single circuit brake system, you got no brakes whatsoever.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Google "hydraulic hoses in knoxville tn" there are over a half dozen places that make hoses , one of them should be able to help you out.

ender891

Awesome, thanks for the replies. Does anyone know the specific size of the hose?

Also appreciate the feedback on replacing the hoses. Will be done ASAP.

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
A commercial truck parts counter should be able to make them, Like a Total Truck Parts or Fleet Tractor /trailer, our local place made up some "hard to find lines" in 10 minutes. go where the big trucks get fixed.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you find someone to make it for you post there information for if someone in the area needs it later.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks