• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Help me identify a missing component in Mep 831a

bill_jackson

After looking through the tm I am unsure of what component is missing. The red alligator clip is powering the
fuel pump. Generator starts and runs smoothly. The bundle of white wires obviously need to be connected to something. I
am not sure to what though.
Thanks for your help

image0.jpeg

kloppk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What you are missing is the Contactor. It's a high current relay that sends power from the inverter to the output lugs.
The the item with the blue sticker on it below.
Be careful. Some of those disconnected wires have 120 and/or 240 volts on them!

Contactor.jpg

bill_jackson

Thank you. I really appreciate your help. I am off to source a contact. Is there a brand or provider that you would recommend ?

bill_jackson

The contactor has been delivered. The larger gauge wires are labeled, so I have been able to wire them correctly. The smaller wires with spade type connectors are not labeled. What is the best way to identify each of the smaller wires and their corresponding location on the contactor?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks