• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Help with clutch problem....!!!! Please

Hottrodd789

I have weird issues with my clutch on the deuce when I first take off I have clutch pedal after I shift the first time the pedal goes to floor. I did a test I can put it in fifth and it does not slip no clutch fingers are broken any ideas?

Last edited by a moderator:

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ditto on a better explanation.
Are you saying that when you start out in first that you have a normal clutch pedal, but when you subsequently shift, the pedal then goes to the floor? Did this happen only one time and now your pedal always goes to the floor or are you saying that every time you start the truck you only have a clutch pedal the first time? This would not make any sense. Have you checked the linkage?

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
when pushed, the clutch pedal should always go to the floor. and it should always have 1" free play at the top before you feel it start to push the clutch in.

Hottrodd789

The issue is the first time I put it into gear the cluch works and I can disengage pressure with the clutch pedal then I have I have spring tension on the pedal but ifi use cluch pedal to gears again the pedal doesn't do any thing I just been using the motor to switch gears I pulled the inspection cover off for the throw out bearing all the fingers are intact how close should the throw out bearing be to the cluch fingers cluch does not slip. Its weird that if the truck sites over night I can use the cluch one time. Do yogurts think I should try adjusting linkage its the only thing it can be in my eyes

DieselBob

The only things that cross my mind would be the control lever(#1) in diagram 2 somehow slipping on the shaft. The fork assembly(#19) in diagram 1 slipping on the lever shaft. The symptoms you describe would add up to a bad master cylinder or slave cylinder if it was a hydraulic clutch setup. The only other thing I can think of would be the transmission input shaft nose binding in the pilot bushing in the crankshaft but have no idea how it would work once.

Attachments

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
You will not be able to tell if the PP fingers are broke from the inspection plate. If the linkage checks out good, you need to pull the trans out.

poppop

I had a farm truck clutch fail a couple weeks ago. The petal felt normal but the clutch would not disengage. It was a four finger plate and two of the pivot bolts had broken out of the face casting. Not the same problem as yours but could be related. Sounds like you will have to pull the trans for a real looksee.

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think you definitely need to pull the transmission. When you do, I would go ahead and replace the clutch and pressureplate even if they look good since the parts are cheap and you will already have expended the labor. I'm suspecting broken fingers on the pressure plate.

rosco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I had a pilot bearing freeze up once, and that caused the clutch not to disenguage. When you replace the clutch, replace it all. Including the pilot and throwout bearing. Its a long way in there to them.

charlietango

had the issue where i could press the clutch in with my pinky. the truck would slip in gear however meaning the clutch was totally fried. your issue is strange if its getting power and driving normally.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks