• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Help With Identifying Power Steering Pump Rotation, M35A3

Senderofan

I'm having an issue with my Waterloo power steering system. I wrote Tom and got two part #'s for replacement pumps. I looked up one of the part numbers and it said, Left rotation. The pump that I have.....from the rear of the housing.....looks like a clockwise rotation. I need to know if what I'm replacing is in fact a left rotating pump....or if it's a right....so I don't purchase the wrong replacement. I'll include a picture of the rear of the pump.

I have great power steering for a period of time....plenty of lock to lock....and then absolutely nothing. I have to really struggle to turn and it will occasionally turn the wheel to the left....very quickly. A neighbor, who is a retired diesel mechanic thinks there's an issue with the pressure relief valve within the pump.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Wayne

Attachments

V8srfun

If you know what hose is the pressure and what one is the inlet just cover the end with your finger and turn the pump sho not be that hard to find out

Senderofan

Not easy to source a pump.....got one and had to have another hose made for the pressure side. Got it all installed. Works really well lock to lock a few times. Too icy for a road test.....but I'm cautiously optimistic that the problem has been addressed. The pump rotation is in fact left hand turn.....at least for the Cat in my M35A3.

Thanks to those who offered advice....Really appreciate it!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks