• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Help with install of rear warn electric winch

twisted60

I find instructions for the front mount but not for the rear mounting. Is there a TM out there that I haven't found ? All I've got is a Warn 24v electric winch on a rear mount plate, no controller or instructions.
Thanks

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I thought only hydraulic winches went on the rear but maybe I am wrong.

EDIT: I am wrong see below.

Last edited:

86humv

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Rear Warn electric winch parts view starts at Fig 256 of TM9-2320-387-24p

twisted60

Thanks 86humv, I do not see that manual listed in the ™’s section. What I’m looking for is also the “how to” install. I found the parts manual using Mr. Google but did not really help.

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a 12K 24V rear winch mounted on M998 #1, just about any winch that has the standard mounting pattern (4.5X10") will fit no need for special instructions a winch is a winch and the rear mount is pretty self explanatory

86humv

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There are 6 diff. brackets for the rear Electric winch, and a pull cable assy.
Some of the rear brackets replace a few bumper brackets...not so easy to find all needed stuff....now , some people made the one piece milemarker hyd. winch bracket work with an electric winch.

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There are 6 diff. brackets for the rear Electric winch, and a pull cable assy.
Some of the rear brackets replace a few bumper brackets...not so easy to find all needed stuff....now , some people made the one piece milemarker hyd. winch bracket work with an electric winch.
I did not know there were so many mounts, this is the one I used, just about any 8-12K planetary winch will fit, they are relatively cheap
rear1.jpg
I used a modified mount to install a 12K hydraulic Milemarker on the front, again any 8-12K planetary electric would also fit
6.jpg
8.jpg
brush guard.jpg
Of course now I get to do this all again with #2 YAY!!, only I am thinking of using 2X8 for the bumper instead of 2X6 because of the 2" body lift

Last edited:

86humv

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There is only two mount systems...the electric has 6 brackets, the hydralic has one.
I have both types.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks