• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HEMAT Tire Sizing

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've been looking into putting new tires on my M931 and have an opportunity to get a set of HEMAT 15 x 22.5 tires for a good price. The question is will they fit on my M931 singled out without any modification and will they clear the mud guard next to the fuel tanks? I don't want to step up to the 14's as it will require modifications and at the end of the day more time/money.

Pic- Post #6 HEMAT vs M923

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?107128-M923-pulling-M989-Hemat-trailer

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I wouldn't think the wheels are beveled for both sides like a normal 5 ton. So they wouldn't work on the rear without flipping the hubs. Second, a M931 straight truck will need you to move the rear fenders or remove them completely going to anything over a 14.5 tire. (14.00 or a 15.00 would require relocation or removal) Lastly, looking at the wheel design, there might be problems with the drums on the front axles.

Just speculation on my part though looking at the pics. Hopefully someone will chime in about the HEMAT wheels.