• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HEMTT adapter plates & cost

GoHot229

What are you willing to pay for these adapter plates to use HEMTT wheels on your deuce ???

If they were $150 each, how many of you would buy ??
If they were $$90-100, how many of you would buy ??
If they were $ 75 how " " " " buy ??
Nows the time to tell A Tankers Dad how much you would really take out of your pocket or credit/atm card to purchase these plates. Reality here guys, give ATD a real amount you might be squeezed to pay, not some low-ball unrealistic #, that unrealistic # helps no-one, be real. Would you pay two, would you pay one and a half, or one, or seventy five. If ATD has an idea what you out there would pay, and how many He could likely sell of any production run, the prices might solidify and set @___$ The thing to know is HOW MANY would actually be interestes and innitiate a step twards purchasing them for real. Thats what is going to bring the price down, this is a recession ofcourse and start-up of bussiness a bear at this point.

airmech3839

Since i would need six total I would probably jump on them at 75-100 each.....if they were 150-200 I may only buy one at a time till I could get enough to fit my deuce.....that being said...is this for just the ring or the whole wheel....most are selling the wheels included for 225-275 that I have seen. 2cents

Id say 100 bucks would make it a very popular attainable mod. What makes alot of these mods seem so expensive is you're spending about 2000 dollars on rims and tires on a truck that you paid around 2000 dollars for to begin with!

Now im not saying that the mods will ever be that cheap. Because of cost of material and labor 100 dollars may never be attainable.

airmech3839

It really matters if it is for the plates or whole wheel.....if it is just plate then I don't think 200 bucks is really a fair price....if wheel is included then now we are talking closer to price.....firefighterhill is right 100 bucks is fair...now just getting some of us on the border of lossing our jobs to invest 600 bucks in plates!!! lol i'm so tight right now I couldn't even get a penny through!!

GoHot229

Now this is what I'm talking about guys/gals, this responce you give now is going to be a barometer for ATD, for all we know........it may not be do-able even at the upper range. the costs of materials could be more than the price of a finished unt will bear. Lets hope not, and again .......be real with your estimates, and thanks all. on the same note: I would likely do like airmech3839 on the timing of my purchases.

dm22630

Before I get flamed......this response is NOT directed at anyone here personally.....but it is a continuation of the thread from yesterday ---> http://www.steelsoldiers.com/deuce-...-closure-hemtt-rim-adapter-plate-project.html

I felt it was better to post this here BEFORE this thread got to be 5 pages long....

I spoke with Dudley last night about these plates, and everyone here needs to know that he is NOT doing this to make some huge profit off of you guys. The round metal plate alone costs almost $100/each + labor (for the machinist) + him driving to drop them off & pick them up = ALMOST what he is selling them for. He makes enough to buy an extra value meal at mcdonalds on the way home.

It is unrealistic for anyone here to EXPECT everything for cost....yet, many of you do. This is one case where you are getting something for cost, and you are still whining about it.

If Dudley is "ripping people off" by selling these plates for SOOOOOO much money.....then why doesnt someone here make them for cheaper? (crickets chirping....)......

Personally, if I was Dudley, I would sell the ones that I have & quit making more. Then everyone here that whined about them can sit on their piles of useless rims & wait for the day that the magical $50 adapters arrive.

:soapbox:

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Could Dudley get the price down if he didn't pay you to do his customer pricing surveys?

:)

I'm kidding of course.

Me and Rat4Spd are having custom Crager S/S rims made up for our deuces..................................

What are you willing to pay for these adapter plates to use HEMTT wheels on your deuce ???

If they were $150 each, how many of you would buy ??
If they were $$90-100, how many of you would buy ??
If they were $ 75 how " " " " buy ??
Nows the time to tell A Tankers Dad how much you would really take out of your pocket or credit/atm card to purchase these plates. Reality here guys, give ATD a real amount you might be squeezed to pay, not some low-ball unrealistic #, that unrealistic # helps no-one, be real. Would you pay two, would you pay one and a half, or one, or seventy five. If ATD has an idea what you out there would pay, and how many He could likely sell of any production run, the prices might solidify and set @___$ The thing to know is HOW MANY would actually be interestes and innitiate a step twards purchasing them for real. Thats what is going to bring the price down, this is a recession ofcourse and start-up of bussiness a bear at this point.

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Actually you're off just a little bit here brother - most guys want their rims like they got their MVs - BELOW COST. Actual cost freaks a lot of people out. Adding a profit to that blows their minds.

I spent well over $1000 to put decent tires on my car - not top of the line. To think that you might have to spent $2000 or $3000 or more to put six wheels and tires that are bigger than that car shouldn't be surprising. Yes, it's more than some paid for the whole truck, but that's because you got a great deal on the truck. See what $2000 gets you in a used one ton. :)

Before I get flamed......this response is NOT directed at anyone here personally.....but it is a continuation of the thread from yesterday ---> http://www.steelsoldiers.com/deuce-...-closure-hemtt-rim-adapter-plate-project.html

I felt it was better to post this here BEFORE this thread got to be 5 pages long....

I spoke with Dudley last night about these plates, and everyone here needs to know that he is NOT doing this to make some huge profit off of you guys. The round metal plate alone costs almost $100/each + labor (for the machinist) + him driving to drop them off & pick them up = ALMOST what he is selling them for. He makes enough to buy an extra value meal at mcdonalds on the way home.

It is unrealistic for anyone here to EXPECT everything for cost....yet, many of you do. This is one case where you are getting something for cost, and you are still whining about it.

If Dudley is "ripping people off" by selling these plates for SOOOOOO much money.....then why doesnt someone here make them for cheaper? (crickets chirping....)......

Personally, if I was Dudley, I would sell the ones that I have & quit making more. Then everyone here that whined about them can sit on their piles of useless rims & wait for the day that the magical $50 adapters arrive.

13 MIKE

I spoke to Dudley a month or so ago that i could make them. I just needed a wheel or a print.

Fortunately for me, unfortunate for you guys, i got a bunch of work from GM. That takes priority.

If you guys can have some more patience, i see no reason i can't sell these for $100.00 dollars.

This is not anything against Dudley, i applaud him for his initiative.

My point in all the post ive made reffering to adapter plates is, you have 3 options.
1: Buy the plate for 250-300 dollars use your hemmt rims and be happy.
2: Make your own solution let everyone know how much it cost you.
3: Dont buy the adapter, if you dont have any constructive comments, keep it to yourself.

Ive never said that 250-300 was to much, just not attainable to most of us cash strapped enthusiast. Sometimes the juice just isn't worth the squeeze.

frodobaggins

OK, I want to clarify my position here, as I seemed to have kicked off
this massive cluster..

To atankersdad, sorry if you got offended. The work you and your
machinist did looks first rate. I'm sure you got your moneys
worth, and I never believed you were trying to rip anyone off.
Maybe I should have explained better in my first post in your thread
than in later ones that seem to have gotten lost.

As for the other fellows making these, I apologize beforehand, not even
gonna post in your threads about it. Seen what happens already.

As far as these adapters go, yes $50 is probably unreasonable,
but under $100 is attainable.

You can get 8 round plates out of a 4x8 sheet of plate steel.

Cutting multiple pieces with a waterjet, laser, plasma, etc, shouldn't be too much.

Accuracy is most likely good enough with all these, the lug nut holes would still
need to be chamfered.

About $10 profit per plate sounds reasonable.

I've talked with some other guys that have some quotes out, and I have a guy
checking as well.

So we'll see what we get back. Maybe we'll be lucky, maybe we'll find out we're full
of it.

...Or just maybe, we meet somewhere in the middle.

Kevin

JTugwell

true. i just had machine work done yesterday. not cheap. if he "theoretically" only puts a 10 dollar mark up on it he is cutting everybody a deal. Especially if he is over 100 bucks in labor and material. anybody who runs a business knows you cant keep your head above water with 10-12% or less profit margins if you have any kind of overhead whatsoever.

atankersdad

In Memorial
In Memorial
Well its time for me to chime in here since I seem to be the crook. I am making NO profit, I do not need it. I did this for our hobby and for a gentleman who just came out of retirement. The reason he came out of retirement was to help his son who was crippled from the waist down in an accident. I may have paid more than our group of "manufacturing experts" that reside on this site would pay , but myself and 4 other members now have wheels cheaper than anything out there. I had even asked one of the "manufacturing experts" in a thread 3 months ago to pursue making these adapter plates because it was needed for our hobby, he is a machinist. He declined. He wanted to make bumper brackets. Oh well, they are very nice brackets and thanks for providing us with them. So I am open to listening to what everyone has said in the 4 threads posted. I am going another route but will still help my old friend and his son. As to making profit of 10 bucks, and boy did i get a laugh form this one, since I am making nothing (in fact I am losing money when i calculate time, gas and travel), I challenge that person to buy a deuce from GL and then sell it at a 10 dollar profit. Guys I am not mad, but I think this site has been hijacked by those who talk the talk but have never, walked the walk. I am not a machinist but wish I was. However, I have designed and built a chemical plant from the ground up. I started it up and then operated it as the manager for a year, so i am far from an idiot. What I want to say is think before you type those caustic words and hit the send button. You cannot withdraw those words. Also think about the feelings of others. We are here to help each other,( well i know I am). I will have more plates out in a month. The prices will be lower, but not free as some think they should. Also, studies find that those who complain the most about the price of things, in most instances, are too cheap to buy them anyway, they just want something to complain about since they are not allowed to talk at home. I will give you more to complain and bitch about in the future. Dudley:-D:-D:-D

13 MIKE

You seem to be using "manufacturing experts" in a negative connotation. We spoke privately a month and a half ago. I told you i was interested, and told you stamping was cheaper.

Last we spoke you offered to send me a rim, i showed interest and asked you for the rough sizes so i could quote material. Then nothing, maybe i should have pursued you but i got busy building dies for General Motors because i AM a manufacturing expert.

Don't act like the hurt party, that none of us "experts" would help you.

atankersdad

In Memorial
In Memorial
You seem to be using "manufacturing experts" in a negative connotation. We spoke privately a month and a half ago. I told you i was interested, and told you stamping was cheaper.

Last we spoke you offered to send me a rim, i showed interest and asked you for the rough sizes so i could quote material. Then nothing, maybe i should have pursued you but i got busy building dies for General Motors because i AM a manufacturing expert.

Don't act like the hurt party, that none of us "experts" would help you.
Mike you are exempt from this tag! I never meant this for you. In the process to doing this i ran across a co-worker with a disabled brother. i am sorry if I offended you in anyway and want to thank you for the helping hand. Dudley

13 MIKE

Thanks for the clear up Dudley. Nobody should be bashing anybody over some hunks of metal. If you need to pick my brain you know where to find me.

atankersdad

In Memorial
In Memorial
Mike I knew you were there, and thank you. I am guilty for not just sending you a pm telling you what was going on. But we are all busy.
Yes when I use the term "manufacturing expert" it is used in a negative connotation. It is almost as bad as the term "community organizer". I lump both of them into the same mold. They have done nothing up to this point, said way too much and caused problems moving forward. I am done for the night... Going to Gilbert tomorrow to be with SS members and deliver adapter plates...

jcappeljr

Supporting Vendor
I sold Dudley his first deuce,you couldnt meet a nicer or more honest guy.If some one thinks his price is too much,then dont buy them....Give him the credit he deserves for trying to fabricate them.Lets quit beating a dead horse..

Reactions: DAS
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks