• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hemtt

T815-8x8

Ii have question regarding a Vickers V20F hydraulic pump / DD 8V92 HMETT, can anyone tell me was this pump purely for Power Steering ? As it seems very large for just that purpose

I'm re-powering my Tatra with a HMETT power train just wondering if that pump had extra capacity to run other hyd' systems beyond PS

Any info appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

T815-8x8

Thx, the winch is that the dual hyd' unit / what lbs size winch assuming it's a DP Tulsa unit

jjb

It runs the crane
The power steering
And a self recovery winch.

It only runs the power steering (at least on mine anyway) . There is a PTO pump on the trans for the Crane. Mine doesn't have a self recovery winch but I would think that is also run from the PTO pump.

coachgeo

If jjb is right..... it would make since. That power steerings helping to turn 4 front tires right? TM-9-2320-279-34-2_243_1.jpg Would think that would take a pretty big pump.

Coffey1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
jjb is correct there are two pumps.
One for steering the other for crane and winch.
And share hydraulic tank.

dk8019

I'm re-powering my Tatra with a HMETT
I'm interested in this line, what made you choose the HEMTT drive train? The Detroit, while a decent engine at the time, may not be the best choice. Is it just availability of components?

T815-8x8

Hi rev / low profile, OE air cooled V12. No 14l 6 will fit has to be a V
Nothing beats the sound a strong 8V92 except maybe a 12V71

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks