• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Here My Bobber Bed from scrach.

cjtroutt

CW2 26 BDE HHC S6
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here is what I welded up to get my bobber on the road.
I did not want a trailer bed.
I wanted XM381A2 Bed with a twist.
That fit the bobber with 395 and look right to the eye.
Here is some photos.

Attachments

cjtroutt

CW2 26 BDE HHC S6
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thank you exbrown
I still working on the Bed with some accessory and it will fit an S250 shelter in it to.
I still looking for one.
Here is more photos.
I sand blasted it and used metal wash primer and epox primer and SW 383 CARC TYPE 4 Single Component. this was new replacment for the type 1 or 2 it is the new low VOC type.
Man it spray very nice to.

Attachments

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks very cool! Great job!

Why the big space between the cab and bed? Making the cab longer? Installing a spare tire carrier?

cjtroutt

CW2 26 BDE HHC S6
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks very cool! Great job!

Why the big space between the cab and bed? Making the cab longer? Installing a spare tire carrier?
Thank you it was not that bad to build and if I wanted to make Dump I buy lift from Clint at CC EQUIPMENT.
You would half to see it in person Photos dont do it justice.

cjtroutt

CW2 26 BDE HHC S6
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Maddawg308 I adding 14 inches to the cab I have every thing fab up except top and it will be new to.
Rockers and cab ext and hats U and braces are finish I get more Photos up the build.:grd:

cjtroutt

CW2 26 BDE HHC S6
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I need to take more photos it has mus flaps on it now as for color it is still up in the air 383 3 color or maby the 4 color still up in the air.
Thank you oddshot.

Danger Ranger

OK, I have never seen that before, it is very neat. How come they never made any officially? Am I seeing that it was bobbed and singled, no duals? Interesting indeed, thank you.

Sorry for the hijack.;)

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
They did make them officially. They made 1. ;)

I guess the military figured if it needed a 4x4, the M37 at the time would suffice. Chopping at deuce down to most military guys is like neutering a dog, it is still useful, but it will no longer be 100%.

zout

Very professional workmanship.

That stuff does spray awesome doesn't it - reminded me of Centauri paint years ago how nice it sprayed.
That would be a great addition to have a dump assembly onto it, easy to install as well.

keep the pics coming.

cjtroutt

CW2 26 BDE HHC S6
Steel Soldiers Supporter
They did make them officially. They made 1. ;)

I guess the military figured if it needed a 4x4, the M37 at the time would suffice. Chopping at deuce down to most military guys is like neutering a dog, it is still useful, but it will no longer be 100%.
Ditto maddawg308 Ditto
And now we the MV owners Build them all the time to Be an custom models.
1. XM381 prodotype
2. XM381A1 STD CAB soft top
3. XM381A2 STD CAB Hard top
900-20 or 1100-20 14.50R20
4. XM381A3 Extended Cab
900-20 or 1100-20 14.50R20
395-85R20
5. XM381A4FCCEX
EXC and the all new Family Crew Cab
with ever the mind can install in to her.
This is just my mind set on all of our builds to be kool in its own way.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks