• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Herman Nelson H-1 Heater

redlight

I am looking for a manual for the H-1 heater. It is a gasoline fuel heater used by the USAF to preheat engines and or the interior of planes. It has a single cylinder gas engine to drive the blower and generates up to 400,000 BTUs. The unit was last used in 1987 at the Westover AFB in Mass. Any help would be appreciated.

Guyfang

Staff member
Can you take a better picture of the data plate. I have found one TM, but its an OLD copy, and the pictures are not real clear. So a picture of the data plate showing the FSN and model number would help.

Guyfang

Staff member
Heres the deal. I found out its an Air Force item. I do not have the TM's for all the Zoomie equipment. BUT, I did find a similar item in the Army listing. Same manufacture, same rating, (400,000 BTU) and the control panel is the same. The heater looks very similar, same trailer, and general appearance. I can give you the TM's, but will warn you, pictures are bad. The TM's were printed in the 60's and been coppied ten thousand times. Anything written or drawn is very readable. But pictures suck. Its TM5-4520-208-15 and TM5-4520-208-25P

redlight

Heres the deal. I found out its an Air Force item. I do not have the TM's for all the Zoomie equipment. BUT, I did find a similar item in the Army listing. Same manufacture, same rating, (400,000 BTU) and the control panel is the same. The heater looks very similar, same trailer, and general appearance. I can give you the TM's, but will warn you, pictures are bad. The TM's were printed in the 60's and been coppied ten thousand times. Anything written or drawn is very readable. But pictures suck. Its TM5-4520-208-15 and TM5-4520-208-25P
Thank you so very much. How do I proceed? Do you need my mailing address or can it be scanned and sent electronically?

Guyfang

Staff member
Will post the TM's as soon as I get some help on how. The new SS forum has got me confused. If you want the TM's ASAP, send me a PM and I will give you may email. Then you send me yours and I will send it ASAP.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks