• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

High Back Seat Parts

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I disassembled the bottom off one of my high back bucket seats to put a patch in the inside for a small rip. There are some circular clips that hold the fabric to the round seat frame all around, maybe 20. Several had rust/corrosion and just snapped in half.

I can not find them listed in the tm, only the complete seat assembly.

Would any one know the part number or a civilian counterpart as I am not well versed on automotive upholstery?

Also, any leads on suppliers would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Attachments

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just fyi on my research. These are not common items used in the automotive industry. Could not find anything like them on the internet or ebay on the search terms I used. Went to an old school automotive upholstery shop here that has been in business 40-50 years and was told they have only seen those round clips on older MGM or Austin Healey seats.

Greg, I sent you a pm. Thanks!

Action

There are about 9 hog rings where the back and bottom cushions meet. I guess the clips are used because hog rings wont hold the material to a steel tube.

papakb

These were commonly used in the 60's on Triumph and MG vehicles. If you Google search MG seat clips and look in the images section you'll come up with a couple of companies in the UK that sell them either individually or in sets. There are 2 sizes out there, one is 13/16 and the other is just over an inch but I forget the exact size. They run about .45 pounds and .49 pounds which equates to 60 and 65 cents US.

Isringhausen also sells a seat rebuild kit:

917564 Hardware kit-UPH Clip-Military Seat.

You can order these from Suburban Seats

Kurt

Juan, Your best bet for cordura seat covers is WeeBee Webbibg in Ohio. I just got a second set from them and they're perfect

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
These were commonly used in the 60's on Triumph and MG vehicles. If you Google search MG seat clips and look in the images section you'll come up with a couple of companies in the UK that sell them either individually or in sets. There are 2 sizes out there, one is 13/16 and the other is just over an inch but I forget the exact size. They run about .45 pounds and .49 pounds which equates to 60 and 65 cents US.

Isringhausen also sells a seat rebuild kit:

917564 Hardware kit-UPH Clip-Military Seat.

You can order these from Suburban Seats

Kurt

Juan, Your best bet for cordura seat covers is WeeBee Webbibg in Ohio. I just got a second set from them and they're perfect
Thanks for the tips. I did not think to check across the pond :) My seat has a very small rip that the patch fixed but I was just curious what they will tell me. I think Greg has a care package coming my way with clips but if not I will follow up.

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
ISRI referred me to Suburban seats with the same part number and info Kurt supplied. I called them and they had no clue on part number or pricing. They said they would call me back.... Still waiting.

Thanks to 86humv's care package, all is good.

Pics of seat for reference.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks