• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

High-speed gears for the G742's....5.20:1 ratio

G744

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have copies of the original Rockwell data outlining the use of 5.20:1 ratio final drive. Part numbers and bluprints are shown.

I had two sets of these in complete drop-ins from Rockwell a few years ago, so it is probable others were made. The end-item application was a M35E3 prototype using an automatic transmission with no overdrive.

E-mail me if you would like to get copies for costs. I do not have the gears any longer nor do I know the whereabouts of them now.

dg

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Can you scan and post what info you have as pics? Or maybe someone here could convert the the info to PDF form. How much for the data, and mail to zip 44875?

Do the A3's have a different ratio gearset? I always wondered how they had any road speed, with a slower rpm motor, and I thought they had a non-overdrive tranny. Bigger tires didn't seem to make up the difference.

I would LOVE to have a set of those gears, and a non-overdrive 3052 tranny.

Dennis

Last edited:

G744

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nah, too big to scan. I can have them copied at Kinkos, though. Several pages of cool data.

ddg

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Let me know a price for shipping and copying, would like to have the info.

Trango, didn't you sell your cat powered deuce on ebay?

Dennis

Last edited:

Trango

No way!

That was Tom_Fastest who sold his truck. When I was engine shopping for mine, he was the guy who I plied for info. :)

Cheers
Bob

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Tom Bauer told me there were 3 different gear set ratios made. I know he did some research with a contact at Meritor (formerly Rockwell). Tom was not able to find any of them but if enough of us look, maybe we'll get lucky. Finding 3 sets might be tougher.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks