• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HMMWV Boarding Ladder Options?

Wire Fox

I had seen an image posted up here a few months back of a fellow that had setup a boarding ladder to more conveniently climb into the bed of his HMMWV. I tried doing a search, but just couldn't find it. I happen to now need to do the same thing.

As it turns out, my fiancé really loves celebrating the things that are rather unique to us, and my HMMWV is one of those. Completely at her own suggestion, she wants us to drive away from our wedding in my HMMWV [what a girl]! I just happen to know that there's not a chance that her dress can fit in either of the front seats, so that leaves the troop seats in the back. I also don't want to see any big struggles with trying to climb the tailgate in such a dress, so I figure a boarding ladder is our best solution. If anyone can point me to a model that may be the right height to hook onto the lower tailgate, that would be most excellent (and I'll be posting a WTB for one just as soon as I know what I'm looking for).

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk

BLK HMMWV

I have a folding one but it's pretty tall. It hooks on to the grab rails on my roof.
I think your looking for (I thought it was just going to be the picture but it also had website link )
Beltfed34s website on E--- look under boarding ladders.
If I might also suggest a cheaper alternative might be a 40mm ammo can or similar large ammo can

I took my neighbors kid and his date to the prom in mine many years back .
used a 40mm can as a step.
used another as a cooler in the back for drinks and velcro'd a plate of cheese, crackers, strawberries and grapes and other snacks to the floor between the rear seats.
His dates mother was horrified when I pulled up and he got out. Her dad and little brother thought it was pretty cool.

Best wishes to you and future wife
BH

Last edited:

DCIV

If it’s leaving a wedding. Why not use something like creates and make steps right up to it. Simple, quick, and prob never be needed again.

Wire Fox

If it’s leaving a wedding. Why not use something like creates and make steps right up to it. Simple, quick, and prob never be needed again.
How many other great excuses does a man come across to buy more military hardware? I'd love to find the real deal to add it to my collection with a great first use, but I do appreciate these smart, budget conscious ideas

DCIV

How many other great excuses does a man come across to buy more military hardware? I'd love to find the real deal to add it to my collection with a great first use, but I do appreciate these smart, budget conscious ideas

I drove my wife away in my other love, 3000gt vr4. It was in pieces a month out and I was spending 12 hours days getting it ready so I 100% agree it’s a great excuse. I honestly suggested because I think it would look really cool in pictures, especially some black and white! Just a thought, or back up plan...good luck.

NormB

Barbie Humvee.jpg

Gonna pretty it up for the occasion, too?

I like the suggestion DCIV made. Maybe a simple set of wooden stairs with plywood sides, floral decorations, use once, throw away, or set up next to your trailer someday :wink:

Congratulations by the way.

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The only time I have seen a boarding ladder in relation to a HMMWV is the modified ones for parade/pass & review. those are completely modified vehicles and the stairs are welded in.

Wire Fox

How about the ladder from a 250g as used when HUMMER mounted?
DavidB
Know what that model number is? That might help in searching for one.

Also, the MRAP ladder does seem like a neat idea that I'll keep in mind if I see one for very cheap.

Wire Fox

Well . . . there you go - done and done!

You might want to check to make sure that doesn't clash with the "official" colors of the wedding (but I think it will be OK).
Wedding is going to be in a lovely state park and the colors magnificently clash with everything. Neon orange and green. Safety first. (See my avatar.)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks