• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hmmwv cover recommendations?

tgejesse

Hey Steel Soldiers,

I'm moving my hmmwv outdoors and I wanted to see if anyone here has an recommendations of covers that are really nice… or to totally avoid for hummer h1/hmmwv

I’m looking at the predator inc one but just wanted to see everyone’s thoughts here.

thanks!!

Maxjeep1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey Steel Soldiers,

I'm moving my hmmwv outdoors and I wanted to see if anyone here has an recommendations of covers that are really nice… or to totally avoid for hummer h1/hmmwv

I’m looking at the predator inc one but just wanted to see everyone’s thoughts here.

thanks!!
I was looking for a cover also and I pretty much gave up for the reasons you are asking about. I liked the Predator one and it probably will fit the best because they know what you need, with that said I think their cover is the same as the 90 to 100 dollar covers. I’m curious what others have to say

tgejesse

If you’re not going to move it until spring, consider having shrink wrapped. That’s what they do with boats. Keeps them dry and clean. It also holds up to wind.
Unfortunately I need to drive it to my new apartment complex and park it out outside. Unless they can wrap it in place, probably not going to work.

that being said I also like the idea of reusability. It also keeps it subtle.

MattNC

I’ve had the kayme model ‎CC-PK-L for mine for three years and it’s held extremely well. It’s under $100 and fits my M998 even with the cargo cover on the back. It’s not custom fit but with the straps on it stays put. The under the truck strap was not long enough so I did add a bungee cord to it.

Reactions: 98G

Action

Try and find a cover made by "Transhield"
Its what the military uses to cover them for transport sometimes.
They are fitted to the truck's configuration.
Mine came with one for the 2 man MAK configuration.

View attachment 850743View attachment 850746View attachment 850747
Our patented VCI technology works within the body of the cover by emitting VCI in vapor form and bonding to the equipment’s metal surface, thereby disrupting the electro-chemical reaction that causes corrosion.
I wonder if Transhield knows that military vehicles have CARC.

FlameRed

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sorry to resurrect this old thread, but my cover got shredded in Hurrican Ian.

First, I got the VERY black outdoor expensive cover from one of the well known Humvee parts vendors with the "tax". It was ripping with only 6 months of use! So stay away from this overpriced garbage!

So now I replaced it with this one: Hummer Cover for 1993 Hummer H1 - Premium Edition I cannot vouch how it will hold up since I just got it, but it fits my Helmet top really well. Not sure it would be great for a slant-back or other configuration.

No HUMVEE "Tax", free shipping, no state tax and they offer a 10% off coupon!

Last edited:

rcamacho

I’ve been running the Predator cover for a few years. Nice quality and fit but not super rugged. It does not fit well over fording intakes, fording exhaust or tire carriers…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks