• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HMMWV or A3 seat on a A2 Spring Driver base

skinnyR1

So I just drove my M35a2 250 miles to drop it off at its destination. 6 hours in the saddle. During the last hour or two of the drive, my thoughts were primarily clouded with ways to make the truck more comfortable.

The springer seat isn't horrible really, but it also is not what I would call comfortable. I equate it to driving a truck from a park bench. I'd like to keep the springer base, and put a HMMWV or A3 seat right on it. Has anyone done this, and can report back on improved comfort level or space to move around?

I'd like to put one of these right on the spring base....

hmmwvseat.jpg

I would also like to cut the spring, so it drops the seat down an inch or so, so I am not staring at the wiper motor the whole time.

dawico

I have nothing to add besides the fact that I feel for you on the height issue. I have my wiper motor assembly memorized and a kink in my neck from trying to see stoplights.

skinnyR1

I did flip the wiper motors over, so they sit up higher than the glass. It did help some. But dropping the seat down an inch or two will probably do wonders.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I am about to do it-I have a complete M44A3 drivers seat in mine and I really like it. I moved the spring ride over to the passenger side and I am about to replace it with an A3 seat on the spring ride base.

Will have to build a sub-mount to adapt the A3/HMMWV seat to the spring ride base tracks.

Will post pics when I have it done.

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
I did this on mine awhile back and besides putting 11X20's on it was the best mod I have done. The truck no longer leaves me bowed-up on long drives. I used the HMMWV driver seat and mount on drivers side and mounted the commanders seat on a springer base on Pass side. #21 seatmod 003.jpg The HMMWV drivers base is not a springer but as a lot of adjustment, up & down fore & aft, started with the springer base on driver side but like the ride better with HMMWV base so moved it to pass side as shown.

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?87764-Hmmwv-drivers-seat-mod/page3

Last edited:

skinnyR1

Alright, thanks everyone. After searching the threads and reading what is posted, I am going to go with an A3 seat on the spring base. I will try out the air bag in place of the spring as well, that looks like a cool idea.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks