• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HMMWV recovery U-Haul nightmare

twisted60

Got her home today after a uhaul nightmare. So long story short 3 uhaul trucks later I got her home. Started at 0600 morning of 7 dec and ended 0020 8 Dec, only a 600 mile round trip... She's still on the trailer until sun up, then I'll move her off the trailer.

IMG_1525.jpgIMG_1527.jpgIMG_1528.jpgIMG_1532.jpg

Rmtaunton

twisted60

Lotta truck on that trailer. What were the problems with the trucks?
Trailer was their 7500 pound version so well with in the weight limit. Trailer was no problem, trucks were the issue, first truck had a very large rip/cut in the rubber hose that connects the filler pipe to the gas tank allowing the fuel to pour out while trying to fuel up. So...changed that one for number 2, number 2 had an issue with the power steering so that was a no go, number 3 limped home with trailer in tow, it had transmission issues, very hard/very late shifting and to top it all off a blown tire on I95 here in Florida, fortunately I got her into a rest stop and waited almost 90 min for the road side assistance to show. Reason I stopped at only 3 trucks was they ran out of truck to give me,,,,Ok, uhaul had more trucks but the level of irritation was already high enough.

IMG_1536.jpg

Friday morning here in sunny south Florida, almost ready to unload then return uhaul truck and the uhaul nightmare is over...

twisted60

Where did you pick up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Picked up in Lake Butler, Florida. Iron Planet rep Larry was great, very helpful.

I had a chance to look her over this morning and was very happy with what I saw. Inspection report showed head lights not working but they did, so got 2 LED headlight, batteries look recently installed, no corrosion, clean, date codes only 1 month apart manufactured in 2013 (Hawkers), engine compartment clean except for spider webs, engine looks new, just a little corrosion on bolt heads, new looking yellow tag EESS box and temp sender, went on very short test drive this morning, shifts smooth, oil looks new (very clean), transmission fluid also looks new, (yes, I am going to change both), up coming projects, check and change gear oil in hubs and differentials, I want to start with all fresh fluids and filters, install grounding kit, give her a good bath and go from there.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks