• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

holley 500cfm 2 barrel on a gasser deuce?

silverbullet72tnt

hello, My gasser should be arriving in a week or so, and I'd like to crack into it and make sure its a runner before burying myself in buying parts.

I have two original carbs I'd like to make into one good one, but both are froze up at the moment. I do however have a good working holley 500 CFM off another small block for project. Anyone ever use one on a gasser? Would only be a temp thing to make sure it runs and moves etc.

microjeep

In Memorial
In Memorial
I'm sure it can function if you can adapt it on, a buddy of mine drove a car home one time by running the windshield washer line to a vacuum port and using the button to regulate flow. now if that ain't redneck ingenuwity (ingenuity) I don't know what is.:idea:

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
.............. a buddy of mine drove a car home one time by running the windshield washer line to a vacuum port and using the button to regulate flow. now if that ain't redneck ingenuwity (ingenuity) I don't know what is.:idea:
Wow, not a redneck- a genius really... someone who can drive his car on WS washer fluid...:p;-)

................ I do however have a good working holley 500 CFM off another small block for project. Anyone ever use one on a gasser? Would only be a temp thing to make sure it runs and moves etc.
I don't see why it wouldn't work. On my first, Gold-Comet powered Deuce I replaced the stock carb with a 2-barrel Rochester out of a 350 s.b. It worked for years and better than expected.

microjeep

In Memorial
In Memorial
Wow, not a redneck- a genius really... someone who can drive his car on WS washer fluid...:p;-)

I don't see why it wouldn't work. On my first, Gold-Comet powered Deuce I replaced the stock carb with a 2-barrel Rochester out of a 350 s.b. It worked for years and better than expected.
Guess I forgot 1 very important detail, "put gas in washer fluid container"

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks