• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Holy Oleo Batman - Ft Meade Prices

HeadWizard

Ok, now I see it!

Invisible brand new super single XL's, air-o-matic steering, an extended power train warranty, AND free delivery! I missed all that before.

AND Sarah the GL rep will take you out to lunch when you pick up your truck!

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Maybe it's because my brother lives a mile from the site.

Nah.....

Ironhorse

I was told several weeks ago by a MV rebuilder that there was an contract out for 1500 deuces and to expect prices to go up. Looks like he was right.

No, I didn't think to ask who needed 1500 deuces.

HeadWizard

kipman said:
Clark 8500, I have some insight.
Wouldn't surprise me. They've had flatbeds picking up trucks at Meade 3 of the last 4 times I was there to pick up or inspect. They bid up the last couple rounds of 5 tons pretty bad there also.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The only question I have is who in their right mind would want 1,500 refurbished deuces? Let me correct that...who would want to pay for 1,500 refurb'ed trucks? They are out-dated. A foreign govt possibly? Why, when they can buy M939 series trucks from our govt all day long and probably cheaper than a refurb'ed deuce? Could they be stocking up for the inevitable day when M35s are no longer pouring out of the system?

HeadWizard

BKubu said:
The only question I have is who in their right mind would want 1,500 refurbished deuces? Let me correct that...who would want to pay for 1,500 refurb'ed trucks? They are out-dated. A foreign govt possibly? Why, when they can buy M939 series trucks from our govt all day long and probably cheaper than a refurb'ed deuce? Could they be stocking up for the inevitable day when M35s are no longer pouring out of the system?
Bruce,

I thought it might be you! Just so you could claim the largest fleet! :D

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The problem for me is my wife. She is fairly understanding when it comes to the trucks. However, up until recently, I kept my trucks at a farm where I rented space. My wife and I just bought a house with property so the trucks will be coming "home." My wife can understand owning the trucks, just not 2 or 3 of the same model! I know, I know...she just doesn't understand our sickness.

Ironhorse

I was at TNJ Murray's picking up some odds and ends today and spoke to John. He told me he currently has a contract for 200 trucks with some country in Africa. If I understood him correctly, he bought all, or nearly all of the M109's at Ft. Meade this week.

dm22630

Ironhorse said:
I was at TNJ Murray's picking up some odds and ends today and spoke to John. He told me he currently has a contract for 200 trucks with some country in Africa. If I understood him correctly, he bought all, or nearly all of the M109's at Ft. Meade this week.
HOW IN THE H**L do these companies get to buy GL trucks with EUCs and export them to foreign countries?????

Does that make any sense to anyone here?

Why are we AMERICANS run through the ringer.....yet a country in africa that is NOT accountable to the USA, buying hundreds of trucks without question?

aua 2cents

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Because those companies get state dept approval to do so. It's a PITA and costly, but in the end, worth it to do. If you think EUC paperwork is fun to fill out, try state dept paperwork.. Thats why not many places do it. But those who do, reap the rewards.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
A couple of friends of mine were at Columbus looking at trucks at GL two weeks ago and a guy there said he was buying a lot of the trucks to send to Panama.

The only upside of that is that maybe more people will see them in the future on the evening news. Hmm, now that I think about it maybe that isn't such an upside........ :-(

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks