• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Homecoming of the Possible Jeep Project....

rmgill

Here's the jeep as it came home. I've not done anything to it. The body is so bad that rather than waste time on it with wrenches, I'm probably going to use a saws all around major parts to get the rear tub off. The Front tub is going to last a little longer as the hood and such are in better shape. Same for the dash. I'll keep the parts major so they can conceivably be used as patches for someone else's jeep.

Attachments

rmgill

Well, for $100 bucks, it's pretty darn good for major frame/driveline components that I can rebuild. The body...well. Good for scrap or patching. That's it.

pa.rich

Mine was in the same condition and I saved the body from the cowl and dash forward. Got another jeep for parts and took the back end off it to weld onto the other one. It was a fun project. I posted some pictures a while back. Enjoy it .

NB1944

You got a CJ-2A on your hands. It appears to be fairly complete. It's not great, but it's not that bad either! The side panels appear restorable, but it does appear that you will need to replace the floor and fill in nuerous holes (possibly need to repair certain areas of the panel). You may also consider a repro CJ-2a body - several companies make these. Visit the G503 websitem- they know their stuff. Ask other Jeep guys.

1stgear

Cool Jeep. Being that color, it looks like the one from the movie "Coal Minors Daughter" that Tommy Lee Jones drove after he came back from the service.

NB1944

Are the trailer ramps something you bought or did you make them? I live on a ranch and could use a set like that around here!

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wow, Maxim, that is a fantastic set of before and after shots! Gives us jeep owners hope that we can get our toys running and restored in time!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks