• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Horn Valve needed

FreightTrain

Banned
Does anyone have a Solinoid valve for the air horn laying around.Mine is kaput.I was going to take the deuce on a shake down run today and while it was building air I started to hear a squeel....kept getting louder and louder till I realized it was the horn.Sucker is dead locked wide open.No click from the button and the button is working so guess my valve locked up.

CanonNinja

I know summit and TNJ were sold out last I looked, but that was a few weeks ago... worst case, its not NOS or even military, but there are many places that have 24V/28V solenoids for air horns... I recently got one from a company here in Texas for a fire engine horn project I was going to do on my deuce..

absolute worst case, you can always get a manual valve a la train horns :D

acetomatoco

take it off and soak it in penetrating oil... may have had some water in it that froze and forced it open... at least get it closed and then see if the solenoid will open it.. You can make a bench 24V power source out of two lawnmower batteries in series..... or 1 4HN out of a gen set ACE

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's just a plunger type valve. If the little rubber dot isn't damaged, you can take it apart, clean and lube the plunger and bore, and put it back together and it will be fine.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks