• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hot rod'n the M38a1

jamesfrom180

Ok, been looking around and don't see any offerings for modified M38a1s. If mine was in better shape I think I would be restoring instead of what I am currently doing.

I just want to see how many out there are building these old machines up a bit. Please post any of your projects or Ideas.

jamesfrom180

After bubba got done with my Jeep he left me with one choice and that was go along with the trail rig line. One thing I needed I found out was a bit more light. Not one to just slap on a bunch of after market junk, for one i'm too cheap and two it would look like a CJ5, I decided to look around for and option. Found one in the work lights from the bridge trucks. Started with some junk light laying around and went from there. :twisted:

Attachments

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Those are different from the work lights I am used to seeing on bridge trucks. Good idea though.

plym49

Ok, been looking around and don't see any offerings for modified M38a1s. If mine was in better shape I think I would be restoring instead of what I am currently doing.

I just want to see how many out there are building these old machines up a bit. Please post any of your projects or Ideas.
Are you keeping the stock motor?

jamesfrom180

plym49, Yes it was recently rebuilt. I do not know much about the builder but currently it is a really strong runner. I must confess since it was already switched to 12V I am ditching the generator and updating to an alternator. I do plan on archiving the Gen unit though.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks