• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How do I post videos?

Rrent

I have an unknown sound on my M1009. Might be starter heat shield rattling, might be broken flex plate, or..? I’m going to crawl under/over/around with my stethoscope to see if I can locate the origin of this noise. I was, also, going to post a video of this mystery sound to see if anyone had any ideas where I should start—- but I cannot figure out how to post anything but pictures.
A15E3FBC-9297-4A98-AF6D-FDCC1D7DA2E8.jpeg

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I have an unknown sound on my M1009. Might be starter heat shield rattling, might be broken flex plate, or..? I’m going to crawl under/over/around with my stethoscope to see if I can locate the origin of this noise. I was, also, going to post a video of this mystery sound to see if anyone had any ideas where I should start—- but I cannot figure out how to post anything but pictures.
View attachment 849603
Sad to say that SS doesn't have the hardware to host Video. We have the ability to host and post images and PDFs only. Kinda "screwy" but the only choice at the moment is to upload a video to YouTube or other similar site - then link back to it.

LINKS rather than posting the image or file is otherwise considered "bad juju".

Rrent

Sad to say that SS doesn't have the hardware to host Video. We have the ability to host and post images and PDFs only. Kinda "screwy" but the only choice at the moment is to upload a video to YouTube or other similar site - then link back to it.

LINKS rather than posting the image or file is otherwise considered "bad juju".
Good to know it wasn’t just my lacking computer skills. Thanks, R

Barrman

When you pull the torque converter cover off. Put a wrench on all the torque converter to flexplate bolts and verify they are tight. That is a common problem. If they are tight then look real close at the flexplate for cracks.

Rrent

When you pull the torque converter cover off. Put a wrench on all the torque converter to flexplate bolts and verify they are tight. That is a common problem. If they are tight then look real close at the flexplate for cracks.
Hopefully it will only be loose bolts.

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Not true. Used to be a ban on linking to live auctions. Nothing else, and that ban went away a few years ago. Link away!
I think the goal is/was to have US (the members) to have images in particular as uploads - to keep things from disappearing over time. Where there are step by step instructions on how to do something for example. Either way it works, just sometimes things go poof and disappear...

Last edited:

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
View attachment 849603
Yes it is better to just make a video and put the link into your SS postings
Your post and information might stay a couple of whiles that way
There is many, but your work stays that way

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks