• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How many coolent heater hose locations

jsthnt@gmail.com

I have a personal heater that is in the cab. This deuce was a fire truck before it was bobbed. The way that the hoses are routed is different then anything that I have found from the searches. First hose is in the port that is on the top of the water pump, I will put this in the bottom one tomorrow after finding on the searchs that it functions better that way. The other one goes somewhere in the back of the engine threw a pipe, will this work in this location or do I have to move it as well. I will post pictures tomorrow.
And how do you know which side of the heater goes to which port.
I flushed the heater core a few weeks ago and I still do not have any heat. I am hoping that changing the routing will fix this.
any advice would be helpfull.
thanks

DeucesWild11

Shawn, my bobbed deuce was a firetruck too and has the heater on the pass side and looks sort of like yours.. If I can be of any help to ya with pics of mine let me know what to take and what to look for. Do you have that PTO drive just behind the cab as well? Mine's still there but not hooked up to anything.
-Brian

deuceaid

Banned
I hope You you opened the valve (not trying to put You down).
Just trying to help, not even sure since the one hose has insulation on it. but the other thing ( the 90 degree fitting, ) could be a valve too.

Attachments

Last edited:

jsthnt@gmail.com

The one that you circled is the one that was the one that went to the fire truck. It terminates the same place that the heater does. There is not a shut off on the other end of it. The heater lines have a shut off on both ends.

jsthnt@gmail.com

Shawn, my bobbed deuce was a firetruck too and has the heater on the pass side and looks sort of like yours.. If I can be of any help to ya with pics of mine let me know what to take and what to look for. Do you have that PTO drive just behind the cab as well? Mine's still there but not hooked up to anything.
-Brian
Does your heater work? Is it set up like mine is?

Mine has the PTO in the back as well I am still thinking of what to do with it. I do not have the lever to engage it either. When I got mine it was engaged.

I had a tank under the passangers seat, that was not conected anymore. It is in my garage now, I think that it is about 1 gal.

DeucesWild11

I would have to check mine to see if the hookups look the same, it does work quite well.. I will take pics and post on this thread.. I heard you can sell that PTO, I guess it's a rare piece.. I also have that small tank under the pass seat.. Not sure if I can get to it tonight but I should be able to on Sat.. too dark for my iphone camera to work...

jsthnt@gmail.com

I would have to check mine to see if the hookups look the same, it does work quite well.. I will take pics and post on this thread.. I heard you can sell that PTO, I guess it's a rare piece.. I also have that small tank under the pass seat.. Not sure if I can get to it tonight but I should be able to on Sat.. too dark for my iphone camera to work...
What was that tank for? Mine was full, but not hooked up.

jsthnt@gmail.com

I went to remove the t in the second picture (above) since the one the went to the fire box die not have a sut off and I just had it caped off with a rubber cap that was starting to crack.
That line was plumber to a port under the cylinoid.
When I went to take it apart the pipe broke off flush with the engine.
How do I get the piece of pipe out of the engine.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Use an easy-out or drill it out and re-tap it.

jsthnt@gmail.com

I tried the easy out and some pb blaster.
I thought about taping it and put a smaller plug in it. Then I would have to try to get the plug out that it is suppose to go to.
I was told to try to cut it with a saw and nock it out with a punch.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks